Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are you Addicted

Posted by Lizzann_Ar (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 29, 12 at 13:32

well, maybe not addicted but can't seem to get enough of a certain junk food? I'm there now with Extreme Pringles and of course you gotta have a coke to wash it down with.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are you Addicted

I was just recently introduced to Munchos potato crisps by my mother in law! I had never in all my years never had Munchos. I am now addicted to them. And I was having a hard time finding them, seems I am not the only one that is addicted!

I go by spells though, I will latch onto something (like the Munchos) and just can't get enough, then suddenly it's over run it's course. At one point in my life when I was young I was addicted to sweet tarts I ate so many it was affecting me because they contain a lot of acidic ingredients. I do still like them but rarely ever have any these days.

My husband is addicted to coffee he drinks it all day long.

o

I just stick to chocolate! Must be good for you, LOL, it's made from beans, and beans are vegetables! :)

Moni

o

No....I don't keep junk food in the house and I rarely go to fast food places.
I am at high risk for strokes and heart disease and I need to keep myself healthy so I can enjoy my grandchildren and so DH and I can travel.

o

Oh Yes....Utz's Cheese curls, and I just realized that i'm out of them, and will have to get by the hurricane without them.

o

No, I can't think of any junk food I'm addicted to. Amazing since I'm FAT...LOL I also don't have junk food in the house, well, some Lays chips for my husbands lunch I pack for him every day. But I don't eat them. I am addicted to coffee though, just love my coffee.

Deb

o

omg not exactly junk food, but this raisin bread from sam's club...each loaf has 1/2 lb of raisins in it! i do like it instead of cereal and can get by with 2 slices and my morning tea...

o

I'm addicted to Pepsi....used to be Coca Cola. I just recently quit taking pain pills for 5 years...due to my bad knees. I went through a week of withdrawal and a month of lethargy. I quit sodas at the same time. I have no desire to ever take another pill, but I went back to the Pepsi after about five days. I told someone, you could put a bottle of narcotic pills, a baggie of weed, a bottle of liquor, and a bottle of Pepsi on a table in front of me. The only one I would have a hard time resisting would be the Pepsi. :(

o

Raven, I'm right there with you. I love me some Munchos! Right now, I'm also addicted to mint centered Oreos. Yum!

o

It used to be diet coke for me..when I started Weight Watchers, I decided to start eating healthy and eliminate as many bad things as I could... I have one once in a great while, but has been probibly a month or more. I still have my morning coffee, but with skim milk and splenda or just black..Feeling MUCH better and a 60lb
mile stone is just around the corner...

o

Diet 7 up for me. And bananas, got to have me one every day, little bite now and then.

o

I'm with Moni. Chocolate for me. Sure glad she told me it was a vegetable. lol

o

Bigack, same here with the Diet 7Up. Sometimes our grocery stores will have buy one get one free on Diet 7Up and I stock up on them. Someone mentioned on the baloney thread last week about it being fried. I tried that, on toast with a little mayo and a slice of tomato. Oh my goodness, I'm addicted! Have one every day now along with my Diet 7Up.

o

Peanut butter is my downfall!

o

Unsweetened iced tea, I sweeten it with Sweet and Low. That is my weakness, if it is a good iced tea.

Sue

o

I was addicted to fast food having it 2-3X's a week, one reason I became vegetarian~~now I only get a bean burrito from Del Taco or veggie tacos at Bakers once in awhile. Gave up soda years and years ago. Slowly giving up chips a big addiction for me;(

My biggest addiction that is like drugs to me is sugar!! I am about 8 weeks off sugar~WHEW it is not easy. Been to a few b-day parties served cake to people and was not even tempted~~IF I have none at all I am fine, I am afraid one bite will set me back weeks;(

o

I do like my cuppa (tea w/sugar) and a cookie or piece of chocolate around 3 p.m. every day.

I was addicted to cigarettes and didn't even know it until I quit in 1971! I'd thought because I 'only' smoked three or four a day that it wasn't *serious*. Hah!

I almost never venture down the grocery store aisle where the soda and snacks fill the shelves. If we don't have 'em, we can't eat or drink 'em.

o

My down fall is any type of chewy candy or chocolate but I try buy it only once a month, Sometimes I can go longer without it.

One of my favourite candy is Bit O' Honey but only recently you can find it in a vintage candy store and it costs too much for a small bar. My sister is in St. Louis now and she bought me some last year so I told her to look out for some again this year. I thought maybe it might be in stores in the US for Halloween. When we were kids my Dad always brought it home for us.

Anne

o

I was definitely addicted to soda and I gave it up in June. I had one sip of my boyfriend's the other night and it was so sweet I could hardly stand it. So glad I'm off of it.

I don't really keep junk food in the house, but I would say the snack food I'm most addicted to is dill pickle flavored sunflower seeds. I can't remember who makes them but they are GOOD!

o

I drink about 3/4s of a pepsi every day, it's hard to let go of.

My 'addiction' beginning next month will be Starbucks eggnog lattes for the few seasonal weeks a year those are available. DH meets his friends for coffee on Sat and Sun mornings early and he'll bring one home to me when returning.

My only other food I miss like crazy if I don't have it regularly is Mexican food - We'll go to our favorite restaurant about once a week. Most of the week I'm pretty good but I do indulge in a less than heart healthy meal on weekends.

Candy, sweets, aren't that tempting to me. Savory or salty my biggest vices.

o

Just my nonfat lattes that I make twice daily. I gave up diet Coke this past year. First I quit buying it in the grocery store and now I don't order it when I eat out. I prefer raspberry iced tea instead when I eat out.

o

If I were to just be able to eat any old food and not get "fat" and sick I would eat potato chips, french fries and chips and salsa. Love all those!

o

Put me in the same camp as Arkansas Girl. I love all those!
I don't have a sweet tooth at all.

Salty tooth? For sure!

o

Starbucks Caramel Frapp 4x per week. I have it with non fat milk/ no whip so at least I am trying to be somewhat healthy :) I don't drink soda, only water or tea.

Right now I am munching on Olive oil kettle cooked potato chips (tuscan herb and garlic). They are soooo good.

o

While I haven't had them in a few years because I can down a bag by myself, I LOVE cheese curls. That's why I stay away from them. But, lately my DH has been buying Jalapeo Cheese Nips and they are quite addicting. I might as well be eating the curls.

o

Anne -- Ah, yes, Bit-O-Honey, the dentist's friend! LOL It can do 'extractions' all by itself.

o

Just lately; Famous Amos Chocolate Chip/Pecan cookies. They're small, so if I could stop at 2 or 3, I'd be ok. But 1/2 a box??? Not so good!

o

Coffee and dark chocolate. Oh but those are both food groups so I don't have to call them addictions. Do I?

o

My favorite food is green chile. Not in huge quanities tho....:0)

o

Besides my love for peanut butter~

Mayonnaise on saltine crackers! Nothing else.

Mayonnaise on a slice of fruit cake!

Mayonnaise on vanilla wafers!

Used to love mayonnaise on baked beans!

Spoon of mayo and peanut butter together is outstanding :o)

o

I have never bought a jar of mayonnaise in my life. Ewwww.
I love cherries, and the season is over and I have to wait at least nine months. I also am addicted to tomatoes, but won't eat store bought. So another nine month wait.

o

Cheri, congratulations on you 60# weight loss--way to go!!

I am def a coffee addict. Saturday I couldn't figure out why I had a headache that wouldn't go away, even after ibuprofen. I had it all day long. Turns out my husband made the morning coffee with some decaf that our German guests had brought us as a gift. The writing was in German, so he didn't know it was decaf! What an eye opener, I really need my caffeine.

o

Coca cola and coffee, note both are high in caffeine.

o

About the closest I can come on this would be a GOOD burger and fries. Good quality meat on a toasted bun with hot, crisp fries. But I'd hardly call that junk food. So I guess in the end, the answer is no.

o

Not much into junk food: expensive potatoes/corn, mostly.

Not into pop/soda.

But cholit ... pnut butter ... somewhat addicted.

Seldom have seen a cookie that I didn't like.

Coffee ... and milk.

Got almost a gallon of choc. milk yesterday at much below reg. price ...

... feel the need to run home to have some.

ole joyfuelled ... with a bit o' help from some of my food/drink addictions

o

I'm pretty darn fond of GOOD vanilla ice cream. Haagen Daz or homemade.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here