Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Had my big meal already.....what's for dinner?

Posted by jasdip (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 14, 12 at 13:31

I had my big meal already, I'm tied up from late afternoon to evening.

So I had breaded pork chops, potatoes and steamed cauliflower. I also have potato/cauliflower soup on the stove.

Normally, we don't care for cauliflower, but it was so nice and sweet!!! If that's what they are like this fall, I'll be buying them more often.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Had my big meal already.....what's for dinner?

So did we--have our big meal at lunch.

DD came down for 'lunch' so we had: gnocchi, meatballs, tomato and mozzarella salad, homemade rolls, with homemade pizzelles for dessert.

o

No lunch, rarely eat lunch except for maybe a sandwich sometimes. Right now waiting on the tea kettle to whistle to have some tea and cherry rolls I bought at the store. :) Went downtown to help Mom plant 90 tulip bulbs, stopped at the store on the way home for the rolls but came away without the milk for my cornbread. I was going to make up a batch to go with my soup beans/ham tonight. Wonder how cherry sweet rolls would taste with beans? ha

o

Usually my largest meal of the day is at noon. I had been out picking more green beans and came in and ate a big bowl of vegetable beef soup and french bread. I probably won't have much to eat for my supper. I need to go back out and pick some more. Looks like there is more canning in my future! I will maybe after my cake is done baking in the oven. It is sunny now but still very windy. It is 73 out

Sue in Central Indiana

o

I loaded the slow cooker with a mixed up vegetables and ham soup, will pick up some good crusty loaf to go with it.

o

We are having BBQ ribs, steamed rice and a salad.

Today was laundry day and now we are just resting. Mike is taking a nap on the couch. Our weather is sunny but windy in the 70's. I just had to shut the awning on the motor home it was flapping pretty good.

o

We're having Marie Callendar chicken pot pies. Just got all the groceries home and put away and I think my garage freezer is going kaput--believe me I am praying that the door just didn't get shut tightly. Just what I don't need with company coming.

o

Chicken gumbo.

o

I wish my dh liked cauliflower, but he doesn't, alas. Jasdip, that sounds like a delicious dinner, as usual!

o

We are having BBQ ribs too. SIL was cooking yesterday but we had already eaten by the time my ribs were delivered so they will be tonight's dinner. SIL cooked a lot yesterday for several friends. 18 racks of ribs, 17 whole chickens, 40lbs of pulled pork and a large brisket. He was in hog heaven!! Sorry, couldn't resist.

o

We had a neighborhood party this afternoon. Weather was gorgeous outside! I organized the party with my neighbor, so we ended up taking home most of the leftovers, which is fine with me. But I ate a ton, so tonight we'll just be picking at the leftovers (sandwich wraps, cut-up fruit etc) I was smart enough to ditch the cupcakes we had left though! Don't need them calling my name this week!

o

I had a double cheesburger from McDonalds and an iced coffee got three extra burgers to keep in the freezer
family dinners are a thing of the past here

o

Tonight was clams and rice, with an Italian tomato sauce - I don't like it but everyone in my husbands family does and his brother made it. Garlic bread. Three kinds of pizza. Shelled crab legs, a real treat. Salad bar, with greens, olives, garbanzos, shrimp, olives, mozzarella, beets, chinese fried noodles - it was build your own :)

All this thrown together and served buffet style while we recovered from digging clams in a horizontal blowing rain, and while taking turns at the sink cleaning clams. Did I mention my Sis in law has a beach house with a wonderful kitchen - nicer than my every day kitchen? None of the mess comes home with me.

Now I'm ready for pjs and a quilt. We had 80+ dry days in a row here, so unusual for us in W.Wash, now a storm that has lasted two days.

o

Sjerin, hubby doesn't like cauliflower either, and we only have it a couple of times. But seriously, it is so good this year. Extra flavourful, which to me is something, as I find cauliflower tasteless. Buy one, and see if you find the same thing.

I'm definitely going to be buying more, just because it tastes so good.

o

But he'll eat it? :) I guess I could look for a small one and cook it up--maybe it'll look tempting. We're not quite back into the kitchen yet and boy, do I feel like cooking!

o

Boy will you be glad when the reno is over!! I would really miss cooking if I couldn't have use of the kitchen.

I admire Shirley (Gadgets). She lives alone, yet she always cooks a healthy meal for herself.

o

Thank you for your kind words, jasdip. I don't always eat healthy. For years when I worked, I ate Stouffers type foods, and lots of junk. I got so hungry for my own cooking, that I started cooking on Saturdays for several days worth of eating.

I now do a mix of my own cooking, and Stouffer's.

Shirley

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here