Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to "save my place" for later when reading a book on a tablet?

Posted by debi_2006 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 6, 12 at 13:18

I have a Samsung Galaxy 7+ tablet and have downloaded some free books from wattpad.com, a free app. I've never read any books yet on this thing, but started to this morning and couldn't figure out how to mark where I left off so when I shut down the tablet then restart later to read some more, I can pick up where I left off. I have never read on any tablet before? Am I missed something?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to "save my place" for later when reading a book on a tab

Easy way to say this is "How to bookmark" my page....
I will do a search to see what I can find, which I should have done before posting - dah!

o

I have a Kindle....it automatically saves the spot where I stopped, and all I have to do is click on the book in my menu, and it goes right to where I left off.

o

I have the Kindle app for Android on my Toshiba notepad and my phone - saves the spot just as if I was on the Kindle.

It might work on other e-books.

o

I use the Kindle app - and I can touch the top corner of the page and it makes a folded corner :)

o

Every app I have used does the bookmarks automatically when you close out of the book. But you can create your own bookmarks manually, each app is different so you will need to use the menu for that app for instructions.

o

Okay I looked it up and they use the Freda reader app, you can go to this site to learn more about using the Freda reader including video.

Here is a link that might be useful: Reader

o

My Ipad remembers where I stop but you can "bookmark" it yourself by tapping on the top right corner of the right side of the page. It puts a colored marker there for you. It also gives you the icons for enlarging the print there and changing fonts or looking for a particular word in the book.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here