Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ahhhh, feel so good! And you?

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 13:04

Just came in from Silver Sneakers Yoga and I feel so good! Been doing this class for a month now and I can really feel the difference from the first time I went.

What's your favorite way of exercising and did you do it today?

I still love my water aerobics, but opt out on Tuesday's for the yoga.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ahhhh, feel so good! And you?

What's your favorite way of exercising and did you do it today?
Gardening and I'm getting ready to head outside and play until either dark, or dark:30. It is a beautiful fall day here in southern Indiana. Sunny, breezy, and 79 degrees.

o

going to pilates w weights @ 5:30 then Total Toning w weights @ 6:30 and I hope to make it to my fav yoga class @ 7:30...i was speed walking for 1.5 hrs ahead of my classes and not able to last to yoga so today I'm skipping the treadmill & hope to last to yoga! it is THE perfect way to end a long intense workout session! ~ liz

o
RE: Ahhhbbh, feel so good! And you?

bigfoot, you go girl!

I can only handle one exercise session a day.

I COULD go to water aerobics before yoga, maybe after I get more into the yoga, I can handle water then yoga. But that will be a while.

Just love the feeling I have after yoga!

o

I love that feeling too! I did not make it to yoga, my legs were just too over worked LOL. The yoga instructor loves downward dog between every single pose and that is hard on my wrists which hurt after pilates but were soo bad after toning I couldn't use the weight bar at the end and switched to hand weights. my pilates instructor is from Birmingham, her name is Jill she used to teach there for many yrs! i wish my place had a pool i'd love to do water aerobics or water zumba! ~ liz

o

Liz, which gym did she teach in. I go to the Greystone Y, down hwy 280.

Being as I go to Silver Sneakers yoga, we do the downward dog and hold onto the top of the chair and look underneath the seat. And yesterday she had us do it from the side of the chair and got a deeper stretch.

Love the facial exercises at the end of our class.

o

Liz, I have trouble with my wrist in down dog also~~I have changed the way I position my hands~~I do not put them straight out in front, I have them going outward away from my mat~~~no more pain.

o

I did my usual three and a half mile walk with the dogs, then 2 miles on the gym treadmill at 4.3 mph, and then 12 arm and 12 leg lifts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here