Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bringing in plants.

Posted by bryansda (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 29, 12 at 13:04

I need some advice. I have a big hanging outdoor plant I need to bring in before it freezes. What do I do to make sure no bugs come in with it, mainly spiders? I will admit I have the blackest thumb in the state of Ky and can't believe the plant is still alive. I'm going to try my best to keep it alive over the winter.

Thank you for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bringing in plants.

I'll be happy to offer suggestions but not without knowing what kind of plant it is. If you don't know the name, a good picture will do the job.

Post the picture here or send to my email.

o

Yes, a picture, or the name of the plant would be helpful to us, to help you. Besides, is this a plant that will survive the indoors???

Give us more info please.

Moni

o

It's a purple wondering jew. I hope that helps.

o

Ok, I looked at where you live.. it's in the United States. I live in Oklahoma, and it stays out here, and survives the winter just fine.

oopes, just googled, and it says, it is a houseplant.

I only know the outside plant, with purple leaves, and like I said, it does fine outside even over the winter.

Moni

o

These plants are hardy and do well in low light indoors. Be prepared to squish any bugs that may crawl out of the pot.

o

you can put a tsp of dish soap into a watering can filled with water and water the plant til the water runs out the bottom. it will chase out any critters in the soil and won't harm the plant. spray the leaves with a solution of the soapy water to get any bugs off of them. good luck!! :)

o

Thank you for the help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here