SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardeningglovequilter

Anyone else get painful skin splits on fingers?

MiMi
11 years ago

I do!... I get them on my thumbs. Usually not this early in the fall or winter season but I have been refinishing some antique furniture for my daughter and it has been brutal on my poor hands. I wear gloves when using chemicals but you just can't work in gloves using sandpaper and sometimes they spring a leak... so I have had some splits on my right thumb. Oh man.. they are so painful.. I have tried putting a wad of neosporin on them with a bandaid overnight, that usually helps but it hadn't been with these....They have been so painful that I can't hardly zip my jeans. Last night I went to the store on a search for something else to use. I picked up some Nexcare Skin Crack Care. It's a clear liquid and comes in what looks like a small finger nail polish bottle. I painted a coat on before I went to bed, it dries in about a minute, then I went ahead and put another coat on. This morning my thumb hardly hurts at all!.... This is some great stuff let me tell you!....The box says is it waterproof but if you need to remove it just rub it off while your hand is wet. It also does not sting when you put it on and you cannot see it, it's clear. I can highly recommend it to anyone else that is bothered by these painful skin splits. It's not what I would call cheap, it was almost 8.00 for the bottle but I can tell it will last a long time and it's so worth it just because it works. I also noticed that Carmex has a whole new line of skin care creams and ointments out. I picked up some of the cream in the little tin to try it... it's a very thick rich cream but not greasy at all. They have a small, sample size tin of the cream for just over 1.00 to try, that is what I got to try but I'm going back for the bigger one, I love the way my hands feel this morning. Just wanted to share....

Comments (46)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler