Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
stubbing toe

Posted by bengardening (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 14, 12 at 12:51

Yesterday morning I was cleaning house and stubbed my second to the littlest toe on the right foot on a dining room chair. It hurt so bad, even wehn i went to bed after midnight. Last night after supper we were taking the window ACs out and I got up out of a chair beside the couch and stubbed my little toe on the left foot on the wooden leg on the couch. It hurt even worse than the first one. his morning I put a pair of shoes on to go to church and I had to take them off and wear flip flops to church. I hate to wear them to church. My toes are black and blue and I will be lucky if I can wear a pair of shoes for work tomorrow morning. I said I guess I won't clean house anymore after the first one happened.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: stubbing toe

That why OSHA requires enclosed non-slip or steel-toed shoes for many jobs. You might want to tape the bruised toes together with the toes beside them just in case they are broken.

o

I believe housework should be listed as a dangerous job.

o

Ouchy. I have done the same thing, but not two in a row. Do you have a roomy pair of shoes to wear to work?

o

Oh that's one of the worst types of pain isn't it? owwee. My aunt has neuropathy of the feet, she can break a toe and not even realize it until she notices significant swelling or redness.

o

Oh, I'm sorry for your hurt feet! That's exactly why I don't ever go without shoes. I wear tennis shoes outdoors and slippers in the house - had way too many stubbed toes as a kid - it's a wonder I have any big toes on my feet!

o

It's a good thing I didn't throw away my old work shoes. I'm pretty sure I will have to wear them tomorrow. My new ones are a little tight and then hurt my little toes sometimes even if they aren't stubbed. I agree with the part about OSHA and Ifor sure agree with the part about house cleaning.

o

I banged my foot into the coffee table this morning. Good thing I always wear knitted slippers inside.

On the downside to knitted slippers, I slipped going down the stairs to the laundry room the other day. Sigh.

o

Years ago I had surgery on my right Big toe, and had to wear a boot. One day I went into the bathroom without the boot and slipped on the tile floor. Broke my little toe on the same foot. Doc said he couldn't set that bone and it still hurts after all these years, especially if I happen to twist my foot someway.

So, "I feel your pain" literally. Hope those old shoes help.

Sue

o

You may have broken those toes. If they are black and blue, wear good sturdy shoes for a while. Good luck and hope it's not too painful! I broke the same toe twice when my kids were little.

o

just be glad you're NOT like my fil with diabetic side effects...his stubbed toe put him in the hospital for several days, 2 weeks in nursing home (that alone sent him into a hissy-fit) and now he STILL has a home health nurse visiting changing bandages! and the days she doesn't, his care lady has to!

o

(((bengardening))) Yep, sounds like they coule be broken and taping is the way to go. Not much else you can do except take antiflammatories (ibuprofen, advil, aleve). Good luck getting better!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here