Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Home from Florida...

Posted by ElaineInNJ (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 12:51

I just got back yesterday after spending 8 days with my son and grandkids in Fernandina Beach. Had a wonderful time, the kids were so happy because they were able to celebrate my birthday while I was there. They baked a cake and made hand made cards for me. I get to see them several times a year but I wish it were more often. I wish that I could have stayed longer but I didn't want to leave my hubby alone for too long. LOL!!!

~~Elaine~~

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Home from Florida...

Sounds like a wonderful visit!

Happy belated birthday to you, Elaine!

o

My sis and BIL rave about Fernandina Beach. DH and I should check it out when we're in FL, I guess. Glad you had a great time and a happy birthday!

o

Fernandina Beach is a great town. It is especially great for children, they always have activities for the little ones.

Elaine

o

I MISS Fernandina Beach! We lived south of Jacksonville for 9 yrs. and loved going to Fernandina. Is Sandy Bottoms still on the beach? Amelia Island is beautiful.

o

Yes, Sandy Bottoms is still there. I hadn't heard of it so I asked my son.

~~Elaine~~

o

Where in FL do your son and grandkids live? I LOVED living in NE FL! We Moved from there to Houston for 6 yrs. and now we're thankfully back in FL, but in Central FL. NE FL is the BEST of beautiful FL.

o

Sounds like a perfect visit and birthday! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here