Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Kitchen Door Curtains

Posted by jel48 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 12, 12 at 12:06

I am looking for curtains for my kitchen door. It is a pretty basic door and has a window in it that is 24 inches wide and 38 inches long. I want a standard cafe type curtain. I can't seem to find one anywhere! I've looked at Shopko and Walmart and find kitchen curtains that come with matching valences, but I don't need a valence. I've looked online and find much of the same. I found a very few cafe curtains without valance, but they weren't long enough. And if I search for door curtains, all I find are those for full length patio doors.

Anyone know of a source?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Kitchen Door Curtains

I like countrycurtains dot com and even Sears. I used to buy from JC Penney, but have had quality issues with them in recent months.

o

I make my own cafe curtains. Very basic.

o

Country curtains.

o

Is there a Marburn Curtain store in your area? They still have the separate curtains and valances, AND they have various sizes of curtains.

However, if you can find something you like that only comes with a valance? You can always use that extra fabric. It could become placemats, potholders, a runner for the table, a cover for an appliance you keep out, tiebacks for the curtains on the door, napkins.... You never go wrong with a little extra fabric. And maybe next summer, you'll prefer just having a valance on the door, rather than the curtains.

o

Country Curtains online here too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here