Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
prolapsed uterus

Posted by clairdo2 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 14, 12 at 11:39

I think I have a prolapsed uterus. I feel something when i go to bathroom ,it feels like something coming out. I coulnt get to see the doctor but his nurse told me if i have no pain and no infections i should just leave it. Does anyone here have that problem and does it ever go away by itself?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: prolapsed uterus

Go to the doctor. It will not go away by itself and will get worse. If the doctor doesn't want to treat it I would get a second opinion. I had it and had surgery and everything is fine. Recovery from surgery was quick.

o

start doing lots of Kegel exercises. There are also kegel weights that can be used. And a pessary device can be placed in to help push it back up.
Uterine prolapse

o

As a retired RN who worked for a couple of gynecologists....you need to be seen.
There are things that could be done.....insertion of a pessary might do the trick and it is not invasive.
Also, you could be at risk for getting an infection.
I know no woman likes to have a pelvic exam but it is necessary. Let the doc decide if something needs to be done, not a nurse who hasn't examined you.

o

What does the nurse mean just leave it?? I had it and found it very uncomfortable~~I had a Hysterectomy (sp) My dr tried to fit me with a pessary it just kept falling out once it shot clear out LOL!! For years I suffered with this for no reason, my Dr said alot of women have it no big deal, I got a new GYN that took one look at me and said no way, having surgery was the best thing for me~~~as Carol said you need to see and dr and be informed of your options not just leave it.

o

Why are you accepting an over the phone diagnosis and no need for treatment from a nurse?
Is this a GP doctor's office ?

o

It could also be your bladder. I'm told some cases resolve spontaneously, but it's highly unlikely.

Here's a good message board devoted to prolapse.

Here is a link that might be useful: Uprise

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here