SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldfixer

Stopped Cold

oldfixer
9 years ago

With an impressive record of consecutive 20, Mother Nature finally put a halt to weekend fun at the beach. Not just cool, it's COLD. That's more weekends than in all of summer, and all local time. Could easily tack on 2 more to account for vacation, before starting here. Oh well, only 170 days til Spring. Below normal for too long affected the tomato crop. They like hot & sun, like me. Genealogy wonders, I must be the descendent of a tomato?
So started the day with bacon, egg, hash brown & toast. Then a gravy bread sandwich. Followed with a caramel apple. Easy chore comes first, laundry. Had a countertop full of ripening tomatoes, so got started cooking. Then picked another basketful. Quick boiled up veggies for soup (with tomatoes). Delicious tasting. Might as well go to Aldi and put 3 things in the bag. Walgreen has a good sale on candy. Picked up supplies for an outdoor project, on sale plus rebate. But not going out to work on it in this crappy weather. Plenty of choices for supper later, can decide during Happy Hour. The rest of the day will find some other foolish nonsense to engage in. October was supposed to be an off month, but so far, and all next week, is Doctors. Must be poke, prod, zap and test season. I should go see one in Arizona, where it's still an energizing 100.

Comments (6)