Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good Morning

Posted by Marilyn_Sue (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 25, 12 at 11:33

Good morning, what is left of it. It is a really pretty day here in central Indiana, sunny and 70 out. I have washed up a couple loads of laundry,and sorted some sewing things. Izzi and I got ready and took some cards out to the mail box to be mailed and then we went to the garden. I pulled and dug all of the carrots. I have a nice sized basket of them, may try to can one of these days. The ground is fairly muddy so I got my hands pretty muddy but I never wear gloves when I work for the most part. Then after taking the carrots to the garage I got a big Rubbermaid tote and went around the yard and woods gathering up the resin animals and plastic snakes and artificial flowers I had put out for Alyssa to see as we would drive around on my "big rig" all summer through the woods and the yard. Now they are stored in the shed for winter. There is one plastic snake missing, either it crawled away or something tore it loose from the tree. There is a lot more I could do outside but I am a bit tired. I plan on having some potato soup for my lunch and maybe a sandwich. Rain and colder weather are to arrive tomorrow. I wish I had more work done outside. How is your weather where you are and what are you doing today?

Sue and Izzi too

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good Morning

Good morning to you Sue and all others from cold, windy ND with temp around 36 and wind from the North. Expecting some snow flurries (maybe) next day or so. Garden all gone and so are leaves etc. Sue, you amaze me with all your energy. Wish I could get down for a visit, but may this early summer when we plan to visit son in Mi will try to get there. Hope to get to Ohio same trip.
Only time and age will tell.
Marie

o

The weather is warm...hot to some people, probably. I have made a list and working on that, but came in to rest for a minute and now I am trying to think of what I can have for lunch.

o

Gorgeous day here, 77 a little after 1pm. I wasn't going to do anything outside, just sit out there and enjoy it; but you know how that goes. I decided to bring in the cast aluminum table and chair set from the garden and the little bistro table and chairs down in the orchard. They all fit into the storage barn like a jigsaw puzzle among the stacks of wicker chairs. Finally put my little cast iron statue that sits on a pedestal in the sunken garden away for the winter too.

By the time I was through, I was out of breath and sweating. Just from that little bit of activity. The weatherman says this may be the last day of truly nice Fall weather.

o

Just looked out to see our first snowflakes of the season here in St. Paul. Mostly rain this morning, dark and cloudy today, but tomorrow we have sun predicted.

o

Today was predicted t be a glorious fall day but of course the weatherpeople got it wrong. It is overcast and damp. Annoying, because if I had known, I would have done more yesterday in the way of fall cleanup. I hope tomorrow is okay because my friend and I are planning a trip to the Grounds for Sculpture in NJ for the day. I think this is the end of nice fall weather unless we squeak out a few days in November.

Didn't do a lot yet today except some research on financial advisors this morning. I will go visit Mom soon but I don't want to get stuck there for dinner.

Well, I better get going on what's left of the day.

o

Had a fairly busy day, today.
Water aerobics, then met with personal trainer to reset me with the machines.
Visited friend who had back surgery, and is home. Took her flowers and sat for a few minutes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here