SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onaholliday_gw

Salmon Patties .. A craving and a gross confession

OnAHolliday
11 years ago

Due to my upbringing, baloney w/mayo on white bread remains a bad, if much adored, habit. Worse than baloney though, is my other poverty food craving: salmon patties. I'm sure that gourmet salmon croquettes exist but I'm not talking about that. I'm craving a can of Double Q mixed with a few spices and crusted with crushed saltines.. Mix up the can/spices (bones and all). Carefully mash them into the saltines, making sure they don't fall apart, and fry them up! For me it's sides of biscuits, mac & cheese and green peas... every time. lol

My goodness, I would cringe if someone visited after I made this.. it's such a nasty fried smell. lol NOTHING smells like fried salmon patties...... Me though, I TREASURE IT!

I have to laugh. Jesus would have been proud of mamma as she could take a can of Double Q and feed 10 people if the times were tough! Another thing, off subject, it took a long time for me to figure out why mamma "liked" the neck and back of the chicken...

I know, I know, a meaningless post of ambling thoughts but it's Sunday, we can do that. Right? :)

Comments (22)