SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sooey_gw

Knitting/size question...

sooey
11 years ago

Hi Kids,

I have a question for all of you knitters. I just looked on the knit forum where there is very little activity so, as always, I come here for an answer.

I am making a sweater for myself. When picking a size from the size chart do I pick my bra size or do I go with the measurement at the fullest part of the chest? Also, does it matter if the sweater is cardigan or a pullover? Is fullness/fit already figured into the pattern? I knit a lot but mostly socks and children's sweaters, not very often for myself.

I got a great deal on yarn at a local knit shop that is closing. I got Bartlett yarn, 210 yards per skein for $5. each. I got 11 skeins of mountain blue and 7 skeins of medium green. I am thinking of using the blue for the Elizabeth Zimmerman, Hand to Hand cardigan. Looks fun and warm which is what I am looking for. Do any of you have a favorite cardigan pattern you would like to share? Also thinking of the Yankee Knitter, cable cardigan which I have made several times but in a child's size.

Thanks, Kids.

Sooey

Comments (7)