Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When I Need the Mail to be Quick, it's Slow

Posted by jasdip (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 24, 12 at 10:48

I mailed a letter with a $5 money order to Texas on Oct. 9. They still haven't received it. I sent it regular post, as I didn't think it would take that long. It was still $12, with the cost of the money order.

Yet I send Christmas cards to my KT buddies and they get there within a week.

Had I thought it would have been this slow to get what I needed, I would have sent it to one of you in Texas, and you could have forwarded it to Fort Worth. I'll bet it would have been there by now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When I Need the Mail to be Quick, it's Slow

I mail things to Texas all the time from California...average time three-four business days. It sounds like your letter is lost.

o

Coming from Canada, I expect it to take longer. I'm hoping it gets there soon.

o

Many of the post offices are either being shut down, going to shorter hours, and as the post masters are taking early retirement (ours did), being replace by temp help and not getting new postmasters. Some regional centers are also getting less people which means it will take longer to get the mail going. Their hours are also being cut.
But they should have it by now. You might have your PO put a tracer on it if they will.

o

Our mail has come quite a few times after dark! One night it was 9 pm!

o

We can't mail Canada from Nashville without it taking ages. I always send it via FedEx, 2nd day. Yes, really slow over the border. I've been doing this for a decade now. It's always been slow.

o

Once I mailed a birthday card to my niece, about 12 miles away and it took two weeks!

Sue

o

Guess that's why they call it snail mail...not dependable!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here