Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need some good vibes....

Posted by phyllis__mn (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 9, 12 at 10:31

I have been taking care of grandson's cat, and have one of my own. Guest cat always attacked mine, but we were handling it OK by separating them. Well, I made the mistake of letting the guest cat in while mine was in the room, so the attack was on. Stupid me tried to grab the attacker, and got bitten. Well, I ended up in ER that night and next morning, getting antibiotic meds. (I'm allergic to penicillin and sulfa). Red streaks started showing up so I had an IV yesterday, will have one today and one tomorrow. It doesn't look any better, so I really need your thoughts and prayers at this time. It's scary. (Guest cat has gone home to grandson!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need some good vibes....

Oh dear Phyllis!! Those cat bites are something to be concerned about. It will take some time, but sounds like you're doing the right thing to recover.

Sending good vibes and get well thoughts your way.

o

Oh, no! Phyllis! You have a lot of those good vibes coming your way!

No more taking care of that cat! lol

o

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your cat bite. That has to be really painful. Prayers and good thoughts coming your way.

Sue

o

Dang, Phyllis, that's one nasty cat. It sure wouldn't be coming back to my house anytime soon. I hope the antibiotics kick in soon and you get feeling better. Bet it scared the daylights out of you! Good thoughts floating north to you.

o

Sorry for your distress. Thank goodness I'm allergic to cats, so will never have that problem. Hurry up and get well.

o

Cat bites ARE serious. Hope all turns out fine with you. Despite having 15 cats over the years, I never have been bitten, but I hear it's painful.

o

Sending good thoughts for complete recovery. Know things will get better.

o

I broke up a cat fight when I was in a high school and ended up on IV antibiotics for a week! But it went away without any permanent damage except for a small scar so I know you will be just fine! It just takes a little time so try not to worry too much.

o

Oh, Sweet Phyllis - I am so sorry for your boo boo - hope and pray it will be well soon.

o

Oh my, Hope you get to feeling better...Next time grab a squirt gun!! LoL

o

Sending prayers for your healing.

o

So sorry Phyllis, hope it heals soon!!

o

Oh man...good thoughts going your way.

o

Hope things get better for you, Phyllis!

o

I'm glad you got quick treatment, Phyllis. I got badly attacked some years ago on both my hands, with lots of deep punctures. I didn't realize cat bites carry infection, and waited--almost too long. Scary indeed!

Sending good thoughts and some confidence that you'll be just fine with treatment.

o

Sending lots of healing prayers your way!

o

Thinking of you Phyllis and sending healing thoughts. I am glad to hear you went to the ER. I went to the Dr after getting scratched by a cat and I had cat scratch fever. It affected my joints for a long time.

Anne

o

Prayers for a quick recovery.

o

Best of thoughts and greatest of vibes coming your way Phyllis! I wonder, how would they get along if you got them high on catnip?

A good squirt bottle, like a good sized dish soap bottle filled with water works well for breaking up extra curricular activities.

o

that happened to me, over two years ago. arm swelled up three times it's normal size. healed up quickly and quite well after dr. prescribed medication and i got a tetanus shot. hope you feel better soon. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here