Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow polka dot bikini

Posted by scissors (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 27, 12 at 10:28

My girlfriend and I were talking about that song last night. She thinks the polka dots are white, I think they are black. I don't believe the song says what color they are but what color do you envision when you hear that song? LOL - we must not have had much to talk about last night. I love talking about random things like this with my friends.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow polka dot bikini

I always think of them as white.

o

It said a "yellow" polka dot bikini, which would make the dots yellow in my opinion.

o

I was thinking a yellow bikini with white polka dots.

o

yellow bikini and white dots only because of watching all the Lucy reruns and her polka dot outfits ..had white dots

o

Yellow polka dots. I changed my mind after thinking about it.

o

yellow bikini with white polka dots.....

o

One can be free to change his/her mind ...

... as long as it doesn't involve disagreeing with me ...

... (especially if s/he can marshall good arguments to buttress her/his changed mind).

Heck - one should even change one's underwear (at least once a week).

ole joyful

o

So is it a yellow-polka-dot bikini or a yellow polka-dot bikini? I always pictured a yellow bikini with polka dots, but never thought about the color of the dots. Either white or black, I guess. It was definitely itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny though, and the straps didn't work very well.

o

I think of it as yellow dots! Maybe they are on black instead of white :)

Sue

o

Yellow with white polka dots.

o

You are all wrong! In my minds eye, it is a yellow bikini with red polka dots. lol

o

Maybe it is yellow with purple dots. However "most" of the ones pictured on google image search show yellow with white dots.

o

Bright yellow with lighter yellow dots.

o

Here it is! LOL

o

This is how I imagined it.

Moni

o

White with yellow dots.

o

Yellow polka dot=yellow dots
I think the bikini is white.

o

You're never going to believe this. Look what I found in my collection.

o

I have always sung it "polka dotted bikini". Now seeing the record and title, I know that was wrong. :)

o

When you shop for fabric and it is labeled, it says the color of the polka dots, not the background color, so the dots are yellow.

Sue

o

I used to have one of those! Mine was bright yellow with black happy face dots. I was darn cute in it too! Nothing like an 8 year old pig tailed girl in a yellow happy faced bikini with ruffles on the butt! I'll have to see if I can find a picture.

Elisabeth

o

Hellion! Where did you find my old college days photos???

LOL!

o

I always thought it was a yellow bikini with black polka dots.

o

Lol @ caroline! I would not have posted without your permission had I known it was you. :�)

o

It's yellow with white dots of course, and I know this for the same reason that I think I'm right about everything else.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here