Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can't find short curtains!!!

Posted by bigack (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 18, 08 at 10:10

Need short curtains for spare bedroom, nothing fancy. About 36" long. I used to have cafe type, but can't find anything in catalogs, online, ebay, etc. Do they still make short ones? I could make some, but would rather buy!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can't find short curtains!!!

I'm almost certain you could find them in JC Penneys catalog...they have all different lengths.

o

K-mart's has some on line, were you doing a search using the word "curtains"; try window coverings.

Sue

o

I know what you are talking about Bigack! I like the shorter curtains for my living room, but the only shorter curtains I'm seeing are the thin cotton kitchen ones.

JCPenney had lots of them a few years ago, but very few to choose from now. They do have a pretty good assortment at countrycurtains.com (the ones I have now are from there). You may find something there that you like.

Here is a link that might be useful: Country Curtains

o

Thanks you all, I did find some on JCP, got a navy blue, prob. too thin, but we'll see. The KT always comes through!

o

I've ordered from Country Curtains, they are quite good. If you have any questions, call their toll-free number and they'll be happy to help-anything about hardwear needed, dimensions,etc.

o

I love Country Curtains! My kitchen curtains (among others) are from their catalog and are 28" long.

o

Have you tried Gabs in clarksburg? (guess they are still open).

Don't think I have ever bought curtains, always just made them out of whatever scrap fabric i had at the house. If you decide to make them, I have lot of extra fabric.

o

If you find longer curtains that you love, it's easy to shorten them. Just cut them off & use the iron-on tape to hem them -- no sewing!

o

And you could probably make 2 curtains out of one drape piece, especially if you get the extra long one.

o

Do you have a Marburn Curtain store near you? I know you said you found something in a catalogue, but for future reference, Marburn has loads of short curtains in their stores--in all styles and colors. And they're usually pretty reasonably priced. I generally go there first, before working my way up to more expensive sources for curtains.

o

I found shorter curtains at Wally world this summer - nice texture, pretty substantial, they hang nicely and inexpensive. I bought black for my DD room, and they had other colors as well. I think it was a good purchase as kids change their minds often about the look of their room & this will be easy & cheap to change!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here