Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please keep this little Girl

Posted by azzalea (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 22, 12 at 9:45

and the searchers in your thoughts today.

Here is a link that might be useful: Find Autumn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please keep this little Girl

Gosh, it came on the news just as I was reading this. These stories never seem to have good endings, but I hope she is found safely.The story of the little girl who was missing in Colorado was very sad.

o

This is terrible. There was just a news conference at 2pm--to basically say that while they're working hard, following all leads, they haven't found her. Heart wrenching to see her father breaking down up at the podium.

So sad, and time stretching out like this. I think all of us probably are thinking about our own children and empathizing with the parents.

o

Just keeping all in our prayers and trying to be alert to any unusual activity even in our own town. We cannot be as lax as we use to be especially in the smaller towns everywhere.

o

Just saw where her two brothers are being charged. Tragic.

o

That's so sad!

o

Correction, so sorry, two brothers, not hers.

o

The news report indicates two brothers are charged. They are not related to the girl.

While this is sad news, there are still many other children still accounted for and they all need to remain in our thoughts. My son has a friend who's daughter went missing July 2009 (circumastances similar to this one) and no trace of her has been found. There's another case nearby of a college student abducted from her home 2 years ago; no sign of her either.

Find Lindsey Baum. Find Holly Bobo.

o

I just read where they found her body. Prayers for her parents. How senseless.

o

Incredibly tragic for her family and also for the families of her murderers, who are ages 15 and 17. So young. I had a feeling this would be the outcome. I can't imagine having to bear such a heartbreak.

o

It's so heart-wrenching, I've been half sick all day thinking about it. They apparently lured her into an empty house next to theirs, and killed her for her bike. The boys' mother saw something questionable on one of their facebook pages, and alerted the police. So good for her, she did the right thing.

Just a horrible story, it's so terribly sad that they killed her for such a little thing as bike parts, and then put her in a recyling can as if she were worth nothing more than trash.

So very sad for all the families involved as well as the town.

o

Apparently, I was giving too much credit to the mother of the boys--now I'm hearing she turned her own kids in to claim the reward ($10,000). But then there are a lot of rumors going around about this one, in the area. We live only a few miles from the town where this happened. A friend of ours is friends with one of Autumn's cousins. This whole thing has just hit everyone so hard.

o

here's the story...so very very sad...

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2012/10/police_two_teenage_boys_charge.html

o

I've been following the developments on our local news - we're just a county away - and it's just chilling. I can barely listen to the reporters when they give updates. My adult son happened to stop by the house and he had heard the news on the car radio and was stunned at the details - the age of the boys and their motive.

And then he told me about the 11 year old girl in Maine who is being charged with killing a 3 month old baby that her mother was babysitting. As an attorney he's often had to deal with the more sordid events that happen and these two left him somewhat shocked.

Here is a link that might be useful: 11 year old girl in Maine

o

I just found this out. My heart breaks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here