SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
two25acres

Down stuffing

two25acres
11 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has ever purchased down stuffing and used it to stuff pillows or perhaps couch cushions on thier own. Here's what I'd like to do. We purchased a very expensive $8,000 9 person leather sectional from a very reputable complany about 6 years ago. We are very happy with the couch, the recliners on both ends have held up very well and every 3 years the company will redo the cushions. Here's where the problem lies, they changed manufacturers for the cushions and we cannot seem to get the cushions at a comfort level we are happy with. Initially they used two pieces of styrofoam, one piece was 5 inches thick and the other was 2 inches thick. They glued them together and then used batting around the outsides to create some softness. Since changing manufacturers they aren't using the same quality styrofoam and batting and I'm not happy. I've tried to work with the company and they have tried to work with us but each time we do this we end up having to go without a cushion or two for up to 6 six weeks. That just doesn't work, it's not fun looking at your furniture and having it missing pieces not to mention it limits your seating. So, I had the idea of going out and searching for my own quality styrofoam and adding down. What do you think? Has anyone ever done this or am I just out of luck? If you've done it, where did you get the down and what kind? Thank you for your input.

Comments (3)