SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
secsteve

RSVP Rant

secsteve
9 years ago

What is it with people and RSVP's that they can't return them to let you know if they are attending or not attending the event?

When we had our 25th anniversary celebration ten years ago, we only had three non-responses.

This year we're doing a 1st/35th celebration. As of this writing, I have had to email 12 people to see if they are planning on attending. Don't they realize we need those numbers for meal planning?

Four of them said "Be sure you and George invite me to this event, we really want to come." Then they don't reply? What gives with that?

It burns me up that we enclosed a self-addressed, stamped envelope and they can't take two minutes to fill out the card and send it. I know some people had to wait until the last minute, and I understand those. (We got three of those with very nice notes apologizing for the late response.) But these other folks? No excuse as far as I'm concerned.

If we think enough of you to invite, and you don't bother to return the RSVP, tells me what you think of us.

K. Got that off my chest.

P.S. I know that those people that do attend are more important then those who didn't bother.

This post was edited by secsteve on Thu, Oct 16, 14 at 11:06

Comments (20)