Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
do you remember the "old" Coldwater Creek?

Posted by salgal (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 9:10

I tried to post this yesterday, but for some reason it never showed up???

Anyway...does anyone remember when Coldwater Creek was only a catalog store. (well, for me it was)
maybe 10+ years ago and their clothes were more casual? Like a dress you could throw on with sandals or boots and and a sweater....and go to the park, or work or maybe even church?
I have been looking for dresses like that for awhile now.
Not exactly bohemian, but easy, loose-fitting, below the knee.
Do you know any stores I could check out?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: do you remember the "old" Coldwater Creek?

I remember the old Coldwater Creek, visited the original store many years ago in Northern Idaho. Still have a couple of sweatshirts we purchased there.

o

The old Coldwater Creek reminded me of clothes to wear to a squaredance. I didn't like it then and I still don't like it. I think their clothes are cheaply made.

Don't know where you would find the clothes you mention -- maybe Boden?

o

There is a seller on eBay, Member id patriasia-fashion that sells a lot of maxi dresses as well as shorter ones. Very pretty fabrics, not sure of the quality. Some of the prices have to be converted to US dollars as she/he is in Thailand.

Take a look, it might be just what you are wanting.

o

You might try Old Pueblo Traders I used to get their catalogs all the time never orded but liked the clothes just throw the name in google

o

Yep. The new catalog store is a block from my house. I wear the dresses you are talking about. Try LL Bean or Lands End

o

Vermont Country Store has some nice dresses too.

o

Have you looked at J.Jill? I think many of their dresses are casual.

Here is a link that might be useful: j Jill

o

Have you tried Robert Redfords "Sundance" catalog?

Banana Republic?
Victorias Secret?

Here is a link that might be useful: The Sundance Catalog

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here