SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
party_music50

Do you entertain / host dinner parties?

party_music50
9 years ago

My parents always hosted the big holiday parties, special-occasion parties, and get-together dinners for relatives and friends, so I guess it's natural that I want to do the same. I always hosted the big college parties at my parent's house when they were out-of-town! :O)

I keep wanting/trying to have get-togethers and dinner parties at my house, but unfortunately it isn't nearly as large as my parent's house and my kitchen is *tiny*. I've done an annual get-together for about a dozen+ people w/ drinks and heavy apps, and sit-down dinners for 6 - 8, that seem to work well, but I always wonder if everyone is comfortable dealing with the smaller space. And I wish I was better about decorating and making things 'fancier', but it always comes down to the food being the most important thing for me, so that's where I concentrate my energy and time. :p

I can't even remember the last time I was invited to anyone's home for dinner or a get-together or anything, so I certainly have nothing to compare to! :(

Comments (13)