Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Today's Trivia Quiz

Posted by jasdip (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 18, 12 at 8:23

DEES got yesterday's question right!!!

When we were young this was something everybody got excited about getting/having. Now only 1 in 4 teenagers has one.
A: watch

Rolling Stone Magazine has picked 500 of the greatest songs of all time, what was number 1?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Today's Trivia Quiz

Satisfaction?

o

I had to look it up, I couldn't wait! So I'm not answering. I will say I disagree with most of the order of their list.

;)

o

I know people who can't read a watch if it's not digital so I'm not surprised my answer was right! Kind of like the Hope chest Rob referred to, getting a watch used to be a big deal. Dang....getting old is hard. At least I didn't say a fountain pen! Remember when that was a big deal to get? (I'm only 50 but I know a lot of strange things.)

Wow...today's answer is a toughie. Music is such a personal thing....I'm going to sit this one out. I couldn't begin to guess and would probably be so far off the mark it's not funny!

o

White Christmas by Bing Crosby

o

Dees, I love fountain pens!!!!!! Remember when we dipped it in the inkwell and pulled the little lever??

Then the plastic ink cartridges, of course.

I don't have one, but I do look at them fondly when I'm in a store and see them :)

Rob, you looked it up??? For shame.... heehee
At least you didn't post the answer, thank you!

There's a real popular hit that I'm surprised no one has mentioned. I'm not saying it's the right answer, it's such a popular song.

o

Bob Dylan...Like A Rolling Stone

o

What I would've guessed? Popular? What it should've been? Those I can spout all day long. I just figured it have to be an Elvis of Michael Jackson tune. Or maybe the Stones or the Beatles. So, here were my thoughts:

Hound dog
Thriller
Satisfaction
She Loves You

Then I realized, taste is subjective! I was aiming for what I've heard loads of times. I don't know where those are on the list, but that's what I would've guessed.

o

jasdip, I'm a klutz and never was allowed to use a fountain pen. My handwriting is #%@& so it wouldn't look good anyway. I always admired them though....one day, I'll have a Mont Blanc just to look at!

For some silly reason, the only song I can think of that would make the list is "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana. They played that to death.

o

I don't even know what that song is Dees!

My guess would be Hey Jude.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here