Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy Halloween OR is it ??

Posted by ruthie_tn (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 31, 12 at 7:49

This page is all about Halloween share your favorite snags, pics, stories, jokes, recipes, goodies, decor, safety tips, etc.

OR

If you had rather climb back into bed and avoid today share how you will make it through today and not get SPOOKED!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy Halloween OR is it ??

This was the very first clipart that I saved, years ago. I was so proud of my computer skill!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

Joke:
Q. What did the mummy ghost say to the noisy young ghost who kept interrupting?
A. "Spook when you're spooken to."

Recipe:
Mr. Breakfast Sausage Mummies
(4 servings)

8 breakfast sausage links (turkey or pork)
2 sheets 6" x 6" puff pastry sheets
1/4 cup ice water
yellow mustard
flour for dusting
This recipe makes 8 mmmm... mummies.

On a lightly floured cutting board, roll out one sheet of the puff pastry until it's half of its thickness and about double in size.

Using a pizza wheel or pastry cutter, slice the dough into 1/2 inch wide strips.

Using your finger or a pastry brush, lightly wet one side of each strip with ice water (this will help the pasty strips stick to each other as you roll and bake).

With the wet side of the dough facing out, wrap a strip of pastry around each sausage in a candy cane pattern. As you get near the top of the sausage, leave a gap in the pastry pattern to make room for the mummy's eyes. If a single pastry strip isn't long enough, just continue with one of the other strips.

Repeat steps above until you've made all eight mummies.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Place the mummies with their faces upward on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Leave 1 inch of space between each mummy.

Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the mummy's bandages are golden brown.

Remove mummies from the oven and allow them to cool for about 3 minutes.

To make mummy eyes, dip the tip of a knife or the end of a chopstick into a dab of mustard and carefully dollop tiny eyes in the space you reserved for the face. If you're very gentle and careful, you could also try adding a nose or a mouth.

o

We have an annual Halloween party and try to have spooky good food.
This year we had we had mummies in blankets, which is similar to the above sausage mummies, but I used hot dog halves, and wrapped them in crescent roll strips.

We also had Truly Deviled Eggs

and Deep Fried Zombie Arms

Although this picture is from a couple of years ago.

o

Ugh, all that food! LOL

o

Deviled eggs! LOL!

o

Mmm, those eggs look good!

Two men were walking home after a Halloween party and decided to take a shortcut through the cemetery just for laughs. Right in the middle of the cemetery they were startled by a tap-tap -tapping noise coming from the misty shadows. Trembling with fear, they found an old man with a hammer and chisel, chipping away at one of the headstones. "Holy cow, Mister," one of them said after catching his breath, "You scared us half to death -- what are you doing working here so late at night?" "Those fools!" the old man grumbled. "They misspelled my name!"

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Two nuns, Sister Mary Agnes and Sister Mary Vincent, are traveling through Europe in their car, sightseeing in Transylvania. As they are stopped at a traffic light, out of nowhere, a small vampire jumps onto the hood of the car and hisses at them through the windshield.

"Quick, quick!" shouts Sister Mary Agnes, "What should we do?"
"Turn the windshield wipers on. That will get rid of the abomination," says Sister Mary Vincent. Sister Mary Agnes switches on the wipers, which knock the mini-Dracula around. But, he hangs on and continues hissing at the nuns. "What shall I do now?" she shouts.

"Try the windshield washer. I filled it with holy water before we left the Vatican," replies Sister Mary Vincent.
Sister Mary Agnes turns on the windshield washer. The vampire screams as the water burns his skin, but he hangs on and continues hissing at the nuns.

"Now what?" shouts Sister Mary Agnes.
"Show him your cross," says Sister Mary Vincent.
"Now you're talking," says Sister Mary Agnes, opens the window and shouts, "Get the hell off our car!"

o

My son is a great pumpkin carver! This is his he has on his front steps this year.

o

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Happy Halloween!

o

That was funny Petra, almost choked on my Pringle!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here