I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours Mon Oct 22

Posted by casey_nfld (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 22, 12 at 7:07

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours Mon Oct 22

A good luck lizard
In Indonesia a lizard in your house is considered good luck.

"A lucky lizard"

A good luck lizard

Peacock plate on an easel ; " Andrea by Sadek Importers", Japan.

I visited Indonesia awhile back and purchased this little lizard as a souvenir. Because every place we stayed had real lizards in them.:0)

o

Our maple in the back yard

o

I took this picture at the house of a friend of my wife, who raises dogs. I felt that the chain link fence of their outdoor run detracted from the image, so using the techniques I used on bigack's image in yesterdays message, I carefully and painstakingly removed the fence.

o

I was going to post another photo today but Bob's dog pic reminded me of a cat who popped up inside a greenhouse behind a fence in Skagway, Alaska. It was just too cute to not stop and snap a picture. No Photoshop techniques were used though.

Jodi-

o

It's a beautiful day to rake leaves. I raked 12 bags of leaves.
We live on a corner lot with mature trees, nice to look at but a lot of work.

o

No leaves left now. Sigh. But here's what they looked like before they blew down.

o

What I have entertained myself with over the past 2 months on days when it wasn't fit to be outside working on the real thing. A 749 piecer...yeah, after all that work one piece is missing. Can you find it?

o

Bob, nice work! I'm a graphic artist/designer by trade and spend a good deal of time using Photoshop so I can appreciate your cloning work.

Jodi-

o

Jodi.....that cat is too FUNNY! lol When did cats get bred with giraffes? lol

Bob....I also use photoshop, I'm not an expert like Jodi.....ha ha Here's one with layer masking....

The Ring

o

Nicole, I called the cat ET. :-)

Your Photoshop skills are excellent! Don't sell yourself short.

I just left my design job of 6+ years and because I had everything I needed on a Mac at work, all I have is a 12-year old version of Photoshop on my home computer. Really hate to invest a $1,000 in the latest Creative Suite when I'm not sure I want to design any more.

Jodi-

o

Jodi....I'm still using CS3 and lightroom...I think is a ver2. :0) It's too old to get the cheap upgrades. Bummer!

I'd like to own CS6.....I think the price has come down to $400....

o

Another image that I worked on a fair bit is this one of a monkey in the Rio Zoo. After removing the chain link cage, the foot looked funny hanging there in space, So I edited that out too. These and the dogs above were much more work than bigack's image yesterday since important details such as the nose or the right eye or the hand had to be created.

o

Nicole, if I get Photoshop, especially if I start my own business again, I'd have to get the entire suite with Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge, and all the other components. I'd be perfectly happy with CS5 and that should shave a few dollars off the price.

Jodi-

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here