Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours Thurs Oct 25

Posted by casey_nfld (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 25, 12 at 6:41

A wood duck in the park yesterday. Not overly common here.

Male Wood Duck

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours Thurs Oct 25

In a field in Crested Butte, CO.

o

At a Mayan village in Guatemala

o

Karen, the colors of that duck are just so beautiful, & the color of reflection is amazing. Your part of the world is truly beautiful!!

o

Thanks Mare! You don't want to know how long I waited for the duck to swim in just the right spot so I could get him in the colourful water with no other ducks around! LOL

o

Karen, you suffer for your art.

o

Bob, your bug yesterday did not scare me off...I have gone back to his (it's) pic several times in total admiration. I love bugs! And I wear them proudly!

o

This is the "real me", lol. Son took this when I wasn't looking. Always in my chair with the Ipad.

o

Gazania,
Its probably the fourth or fifth time I had tried to get a picture of a praying mantis. This time is the first when the results were any good. I think because I was shooting in such bright conditions and using the flash on top of that since I was shooting toward the sun, the camera stopped itself down to f/22 which increased the depth of field so that more of the bug was in focus.
At a campfire party this summer before a Niece's wedding in Vermont I saw another of the three bug brooches you show:

All I need is one more to collect the whole set!

o

o

Bob, I don't know what you posted today is, but it's beautiful. The photo yesterday reminded me of an alien, right off of a UFO.

o

Bob, that Luna Moth is exquisite. I have been lucky to have seen one twice. Once in downtown Los Angeles, which seemed so odd.

o

Thanks for all the great pictures, everyone. casey_nfld, your pictures are always fabulous, but this one...I feel as if I could reach out and touch that duck. AMAZING! The colors are so incredible!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here