Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are you hot-natured or cold-natured?

Posted by ruthie_tn (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 12 at 6:15

Just wondering whose hot-natured or cold-natured.

I'm hot-natured, always have been.

As the temperatures have cooled down where I am last night was the first time I turned the heat on for a little while. Felt nice crawling into bed under the warm covers but by middle of night I was throwing them off. Any suggestions for staying cool when sleeping. Have to have the heat on for my DH.

Seems like I am the only one at work too that is hot-natured. I still have my fan on at my desk while everybody else has there heater on.

Which do you consider yourself to be?

This will display an animated GIF

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are you hot-natured or cold-natured?

Cold

o

Most definitely cold.

o

I am pretty well balanced I think, but might lean more to the hot side. I love winter.

Sue

o

Hot when I have the hot surges.

I keep the temp cool, I don't understand why people crank up the heat then wear a sleeveless tank top.

Anyway, cool temps but I wear t-shirt/turtleneck and sweatshirt. I've had the heat on periodically just to take the chill and dampness out.

o

I tend to be cold all the time. I turn the thermostat up when they predict a cold night, then I'll raise it again when I get up. But I'm also menopausal, so I get hot flashes and need to fan myself sometimes. Women understand, men look at me like I'm nutty!

o

The university where my husband works adopted a universal energy saving program a couple of years ago. It tried encouraging everyone to turn lights off and to be sensible about adjusting their thermostat....HAH! That tactic sure didn't work. So, it's all operated by the central plant now and the university has realized savings of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Employees learned to dress appropriately for less than tropical temperatures! How dumb is it to wear open toed heels, bare legs, sleeveless dresses, and the like in the winter? And why can't PhDs
turn off their office and lab lights?

Robert and I are both cold natured. All it takes for us to feel comfortable in the transition from summer to winter is to turn off the ceiling fans, don some warmer indoor clothes, and change the bedding. I have an electric warming blanket that I'll put on the bed when it gets really cold here. That hasn't happened yet.

Our thermostats are set for the low 60s....a tad cooler at night.

o

Cold.

o

ever since my hyst and now on anti-hormone tabs, i change like a yoyo...

dh has the overhead fan on and a tiny one he aims at his feet...i can't stand either, so bed hop during the night...but like now my feet are freezing and rest ok...so have a space heater...

o

Hot. I over heat very easily. My goal is to move back to the coast where AC doesn't exist and everyday high's are in the low 60's. That would be heaven for me! 90 degree summers are torture for me. LOL

o

HOT!

And I'm a fan person all year round.

Bed fan, ceiling fan and box fan during the winter with the deck door open.(how much it's open depends on the temp)

Computer desk always have a desk fan all year round.

Have an expandable hand fan in my purse always.

Traveling portable fans are a must.

Gotta have moving air.

o

I lean towards the cold side. My Dad who is 92 cannot tolerate the cold at all and we have to keep the heat turned up pretty high all winter. I must take after him! My living room furniture has an afghan thrown over the back of each piece to use to keep warm! I cover up even in the summer!
Joann

o

hot natured. DH has three blankets on, and I u sed just a sheet.

o

Glenda_AL said:
"HOT!

And I'm a fan person all year round.

Bed fan, ceiling fan and box fan during the winter with the deck door open.(how much it's open depends on the temp)

Computer desk always have a desk fan all year round.

Have an expandable hand fan in my purse always.

Traveling portable fans are a must.

Gotta have moving air."

Glenda, You expressed my nature exactly. The moving air is key. Sometimes it is not that hot, but if the air is still, I feel like I'm going to suffocate.

o

I am a perfect 72 degrees. If it's lower than that, I am chilly, if higher, I am too warm. I do prefer cool temps for sleeping.

I used to work in an office where we had thermostat wars. All of us would be dying of the heat but the little skinny underdressed boss (can you tell I didn't like her?) was always cold. She had the thermostat moved into her office so she could control keep it high. The minute she walked out, one of us was in there lowering it. Gawd, I am so happy to be out of there.

o

This is a very interesting topic for me ... All my life I was a cold-natured person. Freezing all the time.

We live in a very temperate climate here near the beaches of Southern California. It seldom hits freezing and there is usually a nice breeze to keep things unbearably hot but ... when the kids were young every year my husband would try to talk me into going down to the harbor for the annual five night Christmas boat parade. Each year I said it was just too darn cold there so he alone took the kids year after year.

Then, in 2006 I announced to him I was going to Antarctica for 8 days with a friend. He was happy I had the opportunity but was dumbfounded that I, a person who found 55 or 60 degrees at Newport Beach unbearable would willingly go to the Antarctic. I did - I survived and I even enjoyed it more than you can imagine.

Since that trip, I have become a hot-blooded person seldom in need of a coat or sweater, even in winter. And I crave the cold, opting to vacation in places like Alaska (3 times), Japan, Russia and Canada, all in the winter. Cold weather ... bring it on. Love it.

Oh, and I finally did go to the Christmas boat parade a few years ago. :-)

Jodi-

o

I used to be exactly how my daughter is now. I would wear knee socks, sweatpants, sweatshirt to bed. Bed had flannel sheets, and blanket and a comforter.

Then BAM, menopause. Thermostat is set on 62. I wear a tshirt year round. Sandals late into the fall. Sheet for me, while DH has sheet, blanket, bedspread, sweatshirt, etc. It is astounding to me how d@mn hot I get.

The 90 degree summer is torture for me. I live for cold weather. Don't know if this will change again as I get older or not. But as far as how I feel now, I would prefer to be too cold than too hot. You can always bundle up.

o

Hot -- no doubt.....the only thing that gets cold are my feet. My hands are so warm, people want me to warm up their hands by holding mine!! Hehe

o

Since my brain went haywire, the only part of me that gets cold is my right shoulder. The rest of me is pretty neutral year-round. My right hand is the only part of my body that can feel if the rest is either hot or cold on the surface. If someone with super cold hands, for instance, touches me anywhere on my body other than this hand, I can't tell.

o

Hot - which is why I would never live in the South.

o

Hot. It's finally cooling down here in Wisconsin and I love it. Others are wearing coats to work and I'm still wearing short sleeves. I leave my fan on during the night and at work.

o

Cold. Been cold all of my life. Anything below 75 degrees and I am cold. I'm very tiny with no "padding" so perhaps that is the reason. Hubby jokes and says I don't have any blood in my veins...it's all caffeine. LOL He is hot all the time while I am freezing. I guess opposites DO attract.

o

I'm with the seasons....hot when it's hot and cold when it's cold. Just no pleasin' me! I always want it to be what it's not.....

o

I'm with the seasons....hot when it's hot and cold when it's cold. Just no pleasin' me! I always want it to be what it's not.....

o

Hot
I also am a fan person. Gotta have air moving

o

I use to be HOT natured until menopause then the thermostat totally broke. I'm usually hot when I should be cold and cold when I should be hot, so I always have some kind of sweater or jacket handy and layer.

o

I lean to the hot side....barely. But, in the winter my feet stay cold when I'm inside. Go figure.

o

I'm so hot natured I didn't even know the difference when hot flashes started. :(

Sweating heavily and turning red has made me uncomfortable most of my life...no fun in public.

o

Oh man... sun loving, heat seeking, happiest when it's 90+ degrees and I'm outside enjoying it! By the time it drops into the 60's the heating blanket will be on the bed.

On the flip side? At night the windows are open, the ceiling fan is on and a box fan is blowing right on me. MAJOR fan addiction here!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here