Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ever heard of this turkey curry ball hors d'oeuvre?

Posted by alisande (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 15, 12 at 6:12

The large party I attended yesterday had lots of yummy foods including a platter of little balls (meatball size) rolled in coconut. When I tasted one, I loved the curry flavor and crunch of what I guessed were walnuts, but I couldn't identify the main ingredient. Someone told me it was ground turkey.

It wasn't possible to identify the person who made them, so that's all I know. Anyone ever hear of something like this? I'd love to make them sometime.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ever heard of this turkey curry ball hors d'oeuvre?

Wow that sounded so good that I googled it and came up with many recipes. I have to tell you that I am really inclined to try one. We love curry and I like to make meatballs....

If no one here has a recipe for you, just Google and see if anythng sounds good or like what you ate. I found many that I would try.

If you don't want to mix your own curry powder, I would suggest Bolsts, it is a really good one with a wonderful flavor and comes in Mild, Med. and hot...

o

Must be a western brand, Ruthie, as I've never seen it. And I'm always on the lookout for curry. What search terms did you use to Google the recipe? I had better luck using chicken instead of turkey. Found several that call for cream cheese and marmalade. This was definitely not what I had, but I'll bet it's good!

o

I tried both, but couldn't find one rolled in coconut. Sure hope someone has a recipe for you--they sound so good.

o

No not western or southern, I started using it when I was in MA....I have to order it on line now but it is worth the effort in my opinion......

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here