Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours Fri Oct 18

Posted by casey_nfld (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 18, 13 at 6:07

Lightouse in Twillingate, Newfoundland. The first lighthouse I was ever in when I was about 5 years old and I remember being frightened to death walking up the spiral "see through" steps!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours Fri Oct 18

came home from a neighborhood walk yesterday with these Dr Suess looking seed heads from weeds. Anyone know what they are? They were on a thin stemmed vine.

o

Looks like clematis to me.

o

omgosh, I think you're right! I didn't know there was a wild variety. These are all over roadsides along here. I so want to get a picture of the sun shining through them, they really shine.
Now, I'll have to make sure and pay attention next summer to see the flowers. I never noticed them flowering!

And, about your lighthouse Casey.....that is something on my bucket list. I've never been up in a lighthouse! You really really take amazing pictures! What camera/lenses do you use?

o

You could still hold one up in front of a sunset, be worth trying. If you don't want to wait until next year. It'd be a great silhouette.

Fall through the bank window.
 photo FallThruWindow4_zps96e89750.jpg

o

Central Market in Papeete, Tahiti

o

Dandylion...

Dandylion fluff

o

Hong Kong. A child plays drums in a Chinese New Year display.

photo HongKong187_2182013.jpg

Jodi-

o

Jeaminwa, you're right, they look like Dr. Seuss' Thing 1 and Thing 2 with a friend.

o

Lighthouse on Chincoteage Island for a few years ago when we went there for the pony penning and auction.

o

Shared this the other day! Friend took this last week in New Hampshire!

o

Bob, I love seeing your lighthouse. I spent many happy years vacationing there when I lived in Baltimore. Thanks for stirring up the memories!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here