SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lazypup

I just got the most fascinating book

lazypup
11 years ago

The book is called "Dr.Bader" Pest Cures - Natural Solutions to Things that Bug You" by Dr. Myles H. Bader

About two or three weeks ago I was sitting here at the computer about 3 or 4 in the morning and Jan had fallen asleep with the TV on. Normally when an informercial comes on I quickly change channels but in this case it was in the other room and I sort of tuned it out, or so I thought, but as I haphazardly listened to it in the background it began to sound interesting.

It is a 400 page book that lists every insect, spider or other critter that frequents our homes, lawns & gardens and it not only explains the critter, it gives simple home remedy solutions to repel or kill the interlopers. And so far all the formulas are made from simple products that you already have in the home.

For the lawn & garden it also lists what insects are natural predators of the offensive insects and it lists sources where you can buy the predators to put in your garden for a natural deterent.

In my opinion this book would be especially interesting to those of you who are organic gardening because it lists every vegitable, fruit or shrub that you might have in your garden and the specific insects that harm those plants, and it gives information on natural repellants, benneficial insect predators and natural insecticides.

By example, there is a white fly that when in the larval stage they live underground and eat your carrots. The book says to simply mix dried coffee grounds with your carrot seed and it will repel them.

The book was $10.99 ($17.99 with S&H)

Comments (11)