Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miracle! Cat returned after 9 weeks!

Posted by drewsmaga (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 13, 12 at 0:42

DD & DSIL moved to the new house 10 weeks ago. A week later, Sandy escaped. She is 15 yrs. old, declawed, and a tiny Siamese mix. We were all feeling sick about it ever since. We have a LOT of Hawks and Buzzards in the area. And she's so tiny and old and a housecat and declawed. And then she showed up last night mewing outside the fence, and kinda skinny. WOW! My DD got her @ 6 wks old when she was a Junior in HS. (She's 32 now.) Sandy is a SURVIVOR! Somebody HAD to be feeding her, thank God.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miracle! Cat returned after 9 weeks!

Oh how scary to have her missing for so long. Bet everyone was so happy to see her. I know she is one happy kitty to be back home. Wonder how many of her 9 lives she used up. Glad to here that she has returned safe and sound.

o

How wonderful.

o

Such good news

o

Oh, what a miracle that she survived. Wonderful to hear this morning.

o

A friend of my sister had a cat disappear for about 6 weeks and was found. They had pretty much given up. But a friend of a neighbor called the neighbor and said there was a cat there that fit the description. Off they went and sure enough, she came back home. Tired, hungry and probably a little dehydrated, but home nonetheless.

o

That is very happy news to hear.

Sue

o

I'm so glad she found her long time kitty friend! That is truly a gift!

o

Don't you wish she could talk and could tell you where she's been for 9 weeks? Just glad she had a Happy Ending.

o

Being a realtor, I hear alot of stories about cats that disappear when people move. Did anyone check to see if the cat had gone back to the old house? Most of the time, this is where they are. I've heard that when you move, you should keep the cat inside for a week or two, until they figure out this is their new home. Glad your daughter got her back. :)

o

That is amazing!!

o

Moving is a scarey time for pets...it really is a blessing Sandy made it home ok...a good ending for once. Hope she didn't pick up any germies to make her sick later.

Linda117, it is recommended you secure your pet more than you would normally when you're moving...it can save their lives. I've heard one or two weeks also.

o

It is so nice to hear of a happy ending like this....

When we moved to a place on the River, our Panther Cat disappeared... and was gone for about 3 months, when a fellow in town mentioned a black cat that was stealing his dogs food... he doesn't like cats and said that cat was a dead cat if he comes around much more...Well this fellow lived only about 4 miles away and about half way back to our old h ome... so I told him of Panther and implored him to not shoot him....and he relented... We searched for another few weeks to no avail.. and then one day while driving up over a ridge..... he ran in front of the car... I stopped and called him, and Panther jumped up out of the ditch and into my arms, licking my face... He was about half his normal weight, but he was alive and in my arms... I sobbed with relief... and brought him home... he even snuggled with our dog...

Critters can sure amaze you..

Carolyn

o

Amazing story with a happy ending....So glad she came back.....

o

I am so happy to hear good news.I know how thankful your daughter and family are.

o

How wonderful that she returned.

We were moving one time and we had a small black cat and she went and got in the front seat of the truck and stayed there all the time we made several trips to and from. Guess she figured she wasn't going to be left behind.

o

I rarely if ever post here, but had to chime in to say thank goodness! So happy for her and for your family!

o

We are all still so happy and flabbergasted. She's a tiny 15 yr. old declawed house cat. I wish she could tell us of her 9 week adventure.

o

Such good news! I imagine both your daughter and her cat are very, very relieved and happy..

o

Oh, how wonderful. I know it was devastating for your DD to to think Sandy was gone forever and not even know her fate. I am so happy for both of them and glad you DD was spared those nagging questions.

o

I bet she is being treated like a Queen. That is one lucky kitty. So glad she is home.

o

Wow, that's fantastic!! My neighbor's cat was found after three weeks, hanging out in a vacationing family's backyard several blocks away.

o

What a wonderful happy ending!!!

o

I am so glad she made her way home. I know what it is like to lose an animal and you never give up wondering what happened to them.

o

I am so happy she came home. 9 weeks is a long time.

o

Sandy escaped again but returned that evening. The escape route in the fence has been blocked. She must have had a great 9 week adventure if she's decided to escape again? What so ironic is that as an old house cat, she mostly sits on her perch and sleeps/chills out. That's been going on for a few years. And now she's got the energy/gumption to escape and live out in the wild after her 9 week adventure. It's like she's found the fountain of youth.

o

My cat is kinda like that. He's strictly indoor only but is constantly looking for an opportunity to slip past someone at the door. He hangs out right at my front door when I come home and I have to use my purse (or grocery bags) to push him out of the way so that I can come in, lol.

He's escaped a few times when I wasn't paying enough attention and he gets even worse for a few days after his "adventure." He gets even more determined to go back outside.

o

Probably didn't have the money to pay on the credit card bill.

o j

o

DS & DDIL had a cat, Sampy, that they adopted as a rescue kitten. He would always charge the front door whenever it was open, like he wanted to escape. That went on for YEARS! Block Sampy as he's trying to run out the door. Sometimes several times in a day. So, one day they decided to not stop him and let him run out the door. He hit the door threshold and ran back into the house. Game over. He was too scaredy-cat to follow through with going outside.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here