Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dr. Oz and Rosie O'Donnell??

Posted by jamie_la (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 26, 12 at 0:13

Does anyone know if this aired already, or if not, when it will be on. AND, if it did already air, if I can watch it online. I saw the ad, and I didn't know she had a bad heart attack, she's talking about it on the show. She had what's called the 'widowmaker'. That's the same I had less than a year ago. I really wanted to watch the show.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dr. Oz and Rosie O'Donnell??

It was on today, I just saw a few minutes of it. Check his website and see if you can watch there. So glad you are here with us, scary thing. I saw where she was saying if it was someone else in the family she would have them at the hospital immediately .

o

It was on today, but I only caught a few minutes of it, I thought it was her partner that had it or was sick?

o

It was on today on the west coast.

o

Rosie had a serious heart attack in the summer. She's being very public about it, wanting to educate other women about the prevalence of heart disease in women and how to be pro-active in preventing problems. She is very lucky to be alive.

o

I saw part of it maybe one-two months ago. Rosie spoke of her terrible childhood, losing her own mother to a heart attack at a young age. She's always been a favorite of mine, she actually grew up next door to the town where I currently live. I'm so glad she survived to tell her tale.

o

Rosie spoke of her terrible childhood, losing her own mother to a heart attack at a young age.

Her Mom died of breast cancer, not a heart attack.

o

oh I see what happened I walked in when they were talking about her partners discovery of desmoid tumors in her body and having to rush her to the hospital and them dealing with that horrible ordeal.
I missed the part where she talked about her own heart attack issue. I went and read about it. She was lucky she lasted through the night before going to the doctor in the morning, not a wise thing to do. She said her son Blake said Mommy you look very white and she said she was not feeling well and went to the doctor in the morning. When those symptoms are present with the arm and chest and neck pain she was having those are classic signs for a woman.
She is lucky to be alive.

o

Well, I know from experience that I would never have beared that pain for long. Dead center chest, had me thrashing, and begging for ambulance to get there. Thank God they shoved a bunch of baby aspirin in my mouth and wisked me off to not the nearest, but the best in cardiac care in our area. I was then rushed to heart cath and 2 stents put in my heart. The Dr. was awesome, showed my family on the computer what he did, and they could actually see the blockage, etc. He said 30 mins longer and I wouldn't have made it. Yes, I have a strong family history of heart disease, but I also wasn't living healthy. I've since given up the cigs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here