o
Can you? I can't :o)

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 12 at 23:06

Never been able to: wink or whistle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you? I can't :o)

I can wink with one eye only, I have tried and tried to get the other to wink but nope can't do it. I can usually whistle to some extent but nothing to write home about lol. The sad thing was I was the one that taught my cocktail to whistle and he copied me just as bad as my whistle. I finally recorded some good whistles from online and played them for him that helped some. He dearly loved to hear the Andy Griffith theme, he would start dancing and whistling.

o
RE: Cavvn you? I can't :o)

Raise an eyebrow? Nope

Jack Nicholson had that perfect!

o

Glenda, we must be related.
I don't dance or sing, either.
Well, I can sort of wink with my right eye but I am pathetic at whistling.
I Skyped with Jake and he was whistling and asked me if I could....he laughed when I tried. So funny.
There was a doc I used to work with at the hospital....he had a funny kind of tic. He was a jerk....and one day, while complaining about everything in the world, his tic showed up.
I asked him why he was flirting with me. He asked what I meant......I told him he winked at me all the time.
He turned around and stomped out of the ICU.

o

Jeez, I can wink and whistle at the same time. I can raise one eyebrow, too, but only the left. I also can sing and dance (a little), in fact we went out to listen to music and dance just tonight.

I can look cross-eyed and if I work at it, I can cross one eye and keep the other straight.

Whenever I bend my thumb, my pointer finger bends too. Go figure.

o

You taught your cocktail to whistle? Do tell? LOL

o

I can do all three, but have a little problem with eye brow raise.

Teal'c in Stargate was well know for the eye brow raise. Richard Dean Anderson said Teal'c could say more with the eye brow than most people can with words.

o

See this is the problem with these virtual keyboards that think they know what you are trying to type, I typed cockatiel but it decided I really must mean cocktail and there you have it! Me teaching my cocktail to whistle lol!!!
What a trick that would be.

Now I used to be dancing every chance I got I love it.

I can raise both eyebrows at once not sure about single.

I can do the Elvis lip curl and quiver only on the left side.
I can't wiggle my ears.

o

I can wink but it's not usually a nicely done relaxed one.

I can whistle a tune but I can't do a piercing call type whistle.

Dancing? Pretty much two left feet. But I used to roller dance. Go figure. I think it's because it's a set pattern in skating and there are "rules".

Singing. Nope.

I never could do a cartwheel either.

o

I can wink with no problem, I can whistle
I can't raise just one eyebrow, or wiggle my ears.
Singing, um only when I'm alone LOL
Love to dance, can't sit/stand still when music is playing

o

I can whistle well enough to get my dogs attention, I've always wanted to learn how to whistle with the two fingers inserted in the mouth..still haven't however..I do a mean lip curl, yes can lift my left eyebrow like the roc, as a matter of fact was doing it way before he came along..can't hold a tune in a bucket but it doesn't stop me, I love, love love to dance, as a matter of fact my dance partner would have to ask to leave the dance floor.

o

wink and whistler here

june

o

I can wink either eye, and whistle (but not that fingers-in-your-mouth way). Don't know about raising one eyebrow--never really checked that one,

I can wiggle my ears.

I can only snap my fingers on my left hand--have never been able to do so with the right.

o

I can do all of the above. Can you curl your tongue? I can.

o

I can do both. I can also rub my tummy and pat my head at the same time. One thing I WISH I could do is crochet-I can knit pretty well, and I've been shown how to crochet many times, but can't get the hang of it!

o

Jannie...I laughed when I saw your comment. My girlfriend is coming up on Tuesday to teach me how to make a crcheted ripple afghan... always loved the look of them, She assures me it is very easy. I love knitting too... just not that good at it.

June

o

Grandson curls his tongue.

No one else in the family does.
Wonder where he got that?

o

I can wink, whistle, curl my tongue, raise an eyebrow, snap fingers on both hands. I can't wiggle my ears and I never could do a cartwheel.

o

I can wink with both eyes, curl my tongue, raise either eyebrow...challenged at whistling. In another lifetime, i could do a cartwheel, dive (nicely) from a diving board, and snap fingers on both hands. Today, I am thrilled that I can walk still without pain!

o

I can wink, snap my fingers on my left hand and whistle a little. I can't do that other stuff though, especially teach my cocktail to whistle LOL! That almost made me fall off the chair!!

o

I am sorry Patti I would have hated to be the cause of your injury LOL!!!
If I had had a cocktail in my mouth it would now be all over the monitor!

I can snap fingers on both hands. I can sorta do the Vulcan sign for live long and prosper but I have to help the fingers go into the split, I can not just hold up my hand and have it do it easily and naturally like some people can. My little finger wants to go off on it's own.

o

I can wink with either eye, can't whistle nor can I sing except in the shower or the car and then I am pitch perfect (go figure). I can do the Vulcan hand sign, curl my tongue, and I can snap all of my fingers on both hands, can't raise my eyebrows (my son can do that with both of them independently) or wiggle my ears but I can wiggle my baby toes.

o

I can't remember when I couldn't whistle. A few years ago a good friend was telling me about one of her uncles. Turned out he was my boss when I worked after school. When she asked if he remembered me he commented I was a good whistler. Not that I was pretty, a hard worker, had a good personality etc, but that I was a good whistler. One thing my youngest daughter says I can't do is roll my eyes (they're small). She says I just turn my head. That is strictly her opinion. -) I used to have a reasonably good singing voice but lost it in my late seventies. I can still harmonize in my head, though.LOL And I can still whistle, just not as strong.

jude

o

I can wink and whistle but can't curl my tongue. I can raise my eyebrows but have a hard time snapping my fingers now because both hands are messed up.

o

I can't whistle as well as I did before my jaw started to shrink, but I can still wink either eye independently; can raise my right eyebrow, but not the left one. I can curl my tongue. My finger snaps aren't as strong as when I was younger. (My knees snap now. Does that count? LOL) I wouldn't try a cartwheel now, but did them easily as a child. Could never do the splits.

I used to think I was limber because I can put my hands flat on the floor while standing, but it has dawned on me that although I am long-waisted, I have short legs!

I loved ballroom dancing. I think I could still dance if anyone would ask me! (Guess whose DH doesn't dance?) I took ballet until I grew four inches between my freshman and sophomore years.

o

I can wink,whistle, raise my eyebrows and dance....but for that last one, I can feel it the next day! LOL

o

Yes I can....

I can whistle a tune and I can whistle with two fingers up to my mouth...extremely loud. At sports events of our grandkids Denny usually asks me not to...I think it embarrasses him....lol

I think he's just jealous because he can't do it.

When it was supper time (when the kids were still home) I used to step outside and whistle. They could hear me three blocks away and they knew it was me and they'd better get home quickly.

patti

o

I can touch my nose with my tongue and twist it and curl it. . Not too many people can do that.

One of my twins has always been able to raise one eyebrow in an adorable, flirty way. Wish I could show you a video. It's just too cute.

My mom can move both of her ears at the same time without anything else moving.

o

Raise an eyebrow? Yes my left one
Whistle? yes since a little girl
wink? yes

o

I can whistle every morning after my first cup of coffee. My cockatiel whistles as soon as I come into the room and won't stop until I finish my coffee and can whistle. Maybe if I had the cocktail instead of the coffee I could whistle sooner. I can wink. Never have been able to snap my fingers. My kids at The Kid's Place couldn't believe that Ms. Sandie couldn't snap and they tried to teach me.

o

Sory, red lover, but I have to ask. Are you twisting and curling your nose or your tongue?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here