SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
secsteve

You didn't vote in the primary because?

secsteve
11 years ago

Rant time here. I'm not sure if I should post this here or on hot topics, but here goes.

I spent twenty years in the military defending everyone's right to vote. So this past week we had two very important primaries, and only 17%, yes 17%, of the eligible voters turned out What the heck is wrong with people?! I don't care if it's a primary for dog catcher, get out and vote. If you don't vote, then I don't want to hear you complain later that "Oh, I don't like Jim, Terry or whoever is on the ballot". You had a chance to make your wishes known and didn't.

I've heard all the excuses from "Well my vote will cancel your vote" (very intelligent) to "Oh, I forgot today was election day". The last after the air waves are flooded with reminders that today is election day.

It really makes me feel that my time in serving my country was for naught when this happens. A very well qualified candidate failed in the primary due to the low turnout and the incumbent jerk will be on the ballot in November. All I can say is, I'd better not hear anyone complain about who's on the ballot then.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Comments (25)