Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So my Birthday was okay

Posted by samkaren (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 21:32

The weekend before was FABOULOUS but today was okay. Only cool thing is I have an apartment to look at tomorrow. It's a half hour from my desired location and 10 minutes from my new job. Rent is cheaper then desired location but still expensive. I will be able to afford it at least. Just hope its a nice place. DH is going with me because he wants me to be in a nice place and safe.

So today I turned 52. Don't look it....don't feel it and don't act like it.

SamKaren
your resident DJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So my Birthday was okay

good for you...you really are lucky that you and dh are able to remain friendly...

lets hope the apt is ok...maybe a transition for something at a later date when you have become established in the new job? location and security where you park are biggies....sorry to hear your choices are expensive...

o

Hope the new apartment is great. Glad to hear DH wants you to be in a safe place..

o

I hope the apartment is great. It's hard to believe that you are 52--when we first "met", you were just a kid! Where has the time gone?

o

Don't look and don't act it? Then I'd say it was a great birthday! :) I will be 52 next April and I don't know if I look it or not, hope not.

o

Happy Birthday!
I agree that the most important factor is safety for your new place. I have been through this with both my daughters.
Since you are renting, I say go safest but cheapest at first. Once you get the lay of the land, you will find something that you really like.
Being only ten minutes from work is a great bonus. Who wants to waste an hour or two in travel time? Half hour away from your target area is fine too.
I am also glad that you are good terms with your ex and he really has stepped up in helping you with this important move.

o

Happy belated birthday.

Have you posted about your new job? Maybe I missed it.

o

Happy Belated Birthday!! Good Luck with the apartment!!

o

Happy Happy Birthday!

'So today I turned 52. Don't look it....don't feel it and don't act like it.'

Sounds like a truly excellent birthday to me!

I hope the apartment meets your expectations;
living 10 minutes from work sounds like such a wonderful, comfortable thing.

o

Wow, ten minutes away, great saving on wear and tear of vehicle plus gas too.

If you get long enough lunch hour you could actually go home if you want too.

Happy Birthday, you are still young and lots to do in your life.

That is great that you ex wants you safe and sound and good idea too to having someone else check it with you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here