Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nodakgal's honey mustard chicken

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 8, 10 at 20:35

I made your chicken recipe tonight and boy, is it a keeper! I cut the sauce in half and only used one very large chicken breast. Loved the sweet/tangy taste. Harry thanks you, too ;-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nodakgal's honey mustard chicken

Can you post the recipe, please??

o

OMG! and I hate chicken.

o

Please post the recipe. it sounds very good.

o

I did a search Patti, and I can't find the recipe. Please post (or Nodakgal)

o

I've not tried it, but Connie (Nodakgal) must be a wonderful cook because her recipes always get rave reviews.

o

Is it this one???

But this is not Nodakgal's

I found it on one of the Share yours and I'll share mine

HONEY MUSTARD BAKED CHICKEN

2 whole chickens, cut up
1/2 c. butter or margarine
1/2 c. honey
1/4 c. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. curry powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Place chicken parts in a large shallow baking pan. In saucepan, melt butter, stir in remaining ingredients and heat through. Brush glaze over chicken. Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/4 hours or until chicken is golden brown. Baste chicken frequently with sauce while baking. (Serves 6-8 according to the cookbook, but two chickens ought to feed more than that.)

o

I make a honey mustard chicken like that, but you take the skin off the chicken. It is really good.

o

Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken
Allrecipes.com

"'If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed', ye shall make and enjoy this simple, tangy, delicious grilled chicken dish!"

INGREDIENTS

1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon steak sauce
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat the grill for medium heat.

2. In a shallow bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise, and steak sauce. Set aside a small amount of the honey mustard sauce for basting, and dip the chicken into the remaining sauce to coat.

3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill chicken over indirect heat for 18 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until juices run clear. Baste occasionally with the reserved sauce during the last 10 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent burning!

Honey Curried Chicken

This is just SOOOOOOOOO yummy!
2 pounds chicken thighs
1 cup honey
1 TBS curry powder
2 TBS brown mustard (Dijon works fine)

Mix honey, curry powder & mustard together & roll chicken pieces in it. Place in ovenproof baking dish & cook till chicken is done.
This makes FABULOUS gravy!

HONEY CURRIED CHICKEN

4 bone-in chicken breasts or 1 cut up chicken
cup melted butter or margarine
cup honey
cup orange juice
2 Tbs. prepared mustard
tsp. salt
1 tsp. curry powder
2 Tbs. dark rum

Place chicken skin side up in shallow baking dish and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine remaining ingredients, stirring well. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake for one hour, basting occasionally with sauce.

Note: I use skinless bone-in breasts so I turn them over halfway through the cooking time.

o

Sorry--just saw this this morning. Here's nodakgal's recipe. I could eat the sauce with a spoon! I cut the sauce recipe in half but only used two chicken breasts.

BAKED HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN (Nodakgal)

6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup prepared mustard
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. In a small bowl combine the honey, mustard, basil, paprika and parsley. Mix well. Pour 1/2 of this mixture over the chicken and brush to cover. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over, brush with the remaining 1/2 of the honey mustard mixture, and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Let cool 10 minutes and serve .

o

I am so glad you liked it Patti!

Another good thing is equal parts of Heinz 57 Sauce (steak sauce) and honey it is so good on chicken strips!

o

Nodakgal, I think the honey mustard would make be great basted on chicken wings. Or on a corned beef or ham sandwich. Heck, it'd be good as a dip for vegetables. That stuff is addicting!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here