Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How Do You LIke To Eat Your....?

Posted by Marilyn_Sue (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 27, 12 at 20:19

How do you like to eat your cornbread? I only like it hot with butter or in a bowl crumbled up with sugar and milk on it. Of course I like corn casserole and corn meal mush the later with sugar and milk on it. I like to eat it with soup beans but I don't want it crumbled up in them. So how do you like yours?

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How Do You LIke To Eat Your....?

I make it occasionally for DH and DS. Never sweet, never with cake mix added in, never from a mix. I add in corn kernels and canned anaheim chile peppers. We have it with my home made chili usually.

I might eat one piece, but never more.

Sugar and milk - well, just no.

o

Cornbread--I like mine sweet and cake. Served: hot with butter, or butter and honey. Or topped with BBQ, caramelized onions and cheddar. Or reheated, topped with butter and drizzled with maple syrup.

corn muffins--see above. Sometimes I like to add a diced tomato and some cubed mozzarella.

Cornmeal mush--with butter and real maple syrup (preferably Grade B)

Also like cornmeal made up into pancakes.

also like Sweet Mexican corn cake, or corn casserole.

Can you tell I just like cornmeal, made into pretty much anything?

o

I like mine with Jalapeno peppers inside, or with butter and Jalapeno jelly.

o

I like mine with beans or chili. I don't like sweet cornbread. I also don't like yellow. White only. I have a recipe for corn sticks that is made with fresh corn and egg white folded into it. It has a tiny bit of sugar...also made with cream. It is so good...I can eat that just by itself.
I also like white cornbread made into cornbread dressing.

o

Cornbread with butter and jelly. Cornmeal mush fried with syrup, sooo good!!

o

Sweet cornbread with honey butter and cherry preserves!!

o

tons of butter and honey...

o

hot, with butter. One of the few times I allow myself to eat butter. Mostly, I try to be "good", cause of my high cholesterol.

Moni

o

Love love love hoe cake, made my way!

o

I like it hot with butter only.

o

I have never tasted corn bread, but they all sound delicious.

o

Hot with butter. DH puts it in the bottom of his bowl and puts his ham and beans over it. With another couple of slices on the side with butter and honey.

o

Don't want full kernels of corn in mine. And I don't like it gritty. If it's going to be eaten as a dessert, then put frosting on it and have it sweet like any other cake. If it's a meal accompaniment, then not sweet/cakey with just a light bit of real butter melted on it.

I'm not big on cornbread and don't find much good stuff around anyway.

o

I add chopped jalapenos and some honey to the mix. Delicious with butter!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here