Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What a Birthday I had!

Posted by seniorgal (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 20:03

Thursday was my 90th birthday. My oldest daughter surprised me by arranging a stopover on her way from Wisconsin to New Mexico. Two of my daughters live very close by. They had planned a birthday dinner which my younger grandson was able to attend, too.

The most fun was my first Skype experience. With much pre-planning by my family and using two laptops, two phones and an Ipod I received a Happy Birthday serenade from my daughter and her husband in Ohio, my granddaughter in California, my son-in-law in new Mexico, my granddaughter in Virginia, and my grandson in Massachusetts. That is my whole immediate family!!

Almost worth getting this old to have an experience like that!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What a Birthday I had!

What a wonderful 90th birthday you had!

Happy Birthday to YOU!

o

Glad you were able to share and make new memories for all. There is a way you can print from Skype but I don't know it.
Happy Birthday

o

That was really a nice birthday! So glad you had such a nice one. Happy Birthday and many more!

Sue

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You can also capture pictures, from a Skyping experience, and print them off later.

o

How wonderful! Happy birthday!

o

A belated Happy Birthday, Seniorgal. Sure was sweet of the kids to plan such a special day for you--and keep it a surprise, too :-)

o

Happy belated birthday! Glad you had a memorable experience with the Skype!

o

What a wonderful experience for you! Happy Birthday!

o

Fantastic sounds like great kids Happy Birthday !!!

o

Oh how very special. Happy Birthday.

My mom is visiting, just over night and she is 83. I sure hope that I get to wish her a Happy 90th Birthday someday.

o

How FUN! Happy belated 90th birthday!

o

Oh wow what a great Birthday! Happy birthday to you!
My mom just celebrated her 90th birthday August 24th and my mother in law is having hers Sept 21st. We are surprising her with a party and mini reunion.
The Skype thing was a fantastic idea.
Congratulations!

o

So glad to hear you had such a wonderful birthday. Your family obviously loves you a lot!

o

It sounds as though you had a wonderful birthday! You are fortunate to have such a loving family. Happy Belated Birthday!

o

That is so cool! Hurray for technology! Imagine how great things will be in 50 years. I remember when TVs only had three channels and you had to wait an hour or so to make a long-distance phone call. No computers or cell phones. And Happy Birthday from me!

o

I had no idea you were approacing such a milestone. Congratulations to you. My mom just turned 91 and is finally entering the computer age. We bought her an ipad! And she is learning to use it.

o

Sounds like it was a wonderful day!
Sending you belated birthday good-wishes. The late ones let you make the celebration last longer!

o

Glad you had a special day! Happy belated birthday!

o

I'm just now reading this Seniorgal and just wanted to say hearing about your special day and family makes me smile. :)

What a great way to celebrate! Happy Belated Birthday!!!

o

Well happy birthday! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day! Wishing you a GREAT year!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here