Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Time to change purses!

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 22, 12 at 19:50

From my flowerdie summer purse to a more fall/winter purse.

I'm not a purse person, but I do change seasonally.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Time to change purses!

And why not!?! Using just 1 purse year round is so boring. It makes sense to me to change it seasonally.

I have planned to knit a felted purse but still haven't had a chance. Too many projects are on my plate. I still owe a bead purse to a friend. Had promised to knit one for her but still have not done it.

o

I too changed purses today. I recently bought myself two 31 purses and I am using the black quilted "Pick Me Plaid Organizing Shoulder Bag". I also bought the skirt purse and it came with one skirt. I chose the black corduroy. I hope to make some extra skirts for it.

Sue

o

Me, too! Switched from my "everyday" summer purse, to my "everyday" fall purse today. Sadly, I may need to retire my summer one. It is beginning to look tired after three summers.

o

Haven't carried a purse in a couple of years now. When I need more than a wallet, I usually just grab some tote.

These days I use a small back pack daily, on my rides to and from work.

Moni

o

Marilyn Sue, my DD sells 31 products and I have a black purse that is one of those cross body types, and I love it. I also love the duffle bags they sell.

o

I have a few high end but prefer to wear my fanny pack tht way I never leave it"behind"

o

I used to change purses seasonally, but I've gotten lazy and have been carrying the same one for a few years. Once I find one that I like, I hate giving it up...LOL!

o

Thanks for the "heads-up," Glenda. Happy autumn, everyone!

I switch purses back and forth often, and it's interesting the things I find when I do. "Oh, so that's where my ____ went!"

o

I just changed purses today, too.

o

I see no point in changing purses,,the rest of them are just as empty as this one

o

I don't often change purses. I have a nice small brown leather Coach bag I love. I don't even remember where I got it...maybe a gift from my daughters?

o

I have several winter bags so nows the time to choose one and start using it. I switch them out depending on what I wear.

o

Son gave me a Brighton purse, two years ago. I was scared to use it for a long time, but love it. It's my fall/winter purse, now.

I am NOT a high end purse person.

Don't change with the outfit I wear!

o

Also packed away white shorts, skirts and slacks.
I was raised by my mother to only wear white between Memorial day and Labor day. It's an old Philadelphia "thing".

o

I changed three times this weekend I think, from off white for summer, to lavender/ gray for a day, to brown and black fabulous Marc Jacobs for a day to a blue Tory Burch, I am going out tomorrow for the first time in three weeks to somewhere beside the doctors office. Going shopping , I think I will buy a new purse! Do I need to get out! Lol

o

Purses are my vice! Besides, purses don't pinch your toes, are never too long or too short, will fit over your ever expanding hips and southward headed boobs, and it's easy to find one for a special occasion. Yes, a lot easier to shop for a purse than a dress.

I love the smell of good leather and all my purses are leather, so I will use the same ones regardless of the time of the year. Although I do change purses frequently I have a favorite Brahmin that I originally only used for good, then decided life is too short, so it's my everyday purse now, and it just won't wear out! It's the most durable purse I've ever had. Easily justifies the money spent.

o
Gosh Glender, not really a purse guy.. but?

If you're changin', I am! I mean, your my fantasy girl after all! :) Luvin' you and hoping you are as GREEN as ever!
Your own personal FROG!

o

Lazypup, changing purse or wallet is a fashion statement more for women than for men. Of course you don't feel the need to as a man. In a matter of fact, there's really no need to but as women often do, we love to do so. Unlike the animal kingdom. It probably has something to do with being... colorful!

I made the comment about the animal kingdom because I find it interesting that normally, it's the male that is "colorful" and neat. Whereas, the female is dull and boring. LOL, I think I watch too many documentaries.

o

Done! I do enjoy changing my purse with the seasons. Sometimes though I think I would like a nice soft leather purse and carry it year round. It would have to have pockets in all the right places though. I have a Vera Bradley that I love for the inside and outside pockets..would love to find a leather one in that same style.

o

I've been carrying the same Coach bag year-round for about two years. It needs a good scrubbing. It's the cloth kind, not leather. I'd love to get a new leather bag, but it's not happening.

o

Terilyn good to hear that you are feeling better and going shopping!
I just walked in the door from our Oklahoma trip. I carried one of my favorite Dooney purses because it has a long strap that I can hang from the handles of my wheelchair. Normally now I use small purses that can hook on a hook on the chair.
But purses are my weakness I have tons of them, various values, and styles and sizes, if I love it I generally buy it. I change them often. Just something I have always enjoyed.
But I certainly don't own any Berkins!

o

I really need to get a new wallet because this one is falling apart,literally,,,but I am so sentimentally attached to it,,,I hate to give it up....

Years ago I did leather tooling as a hobby but I had gotten away from it for about 5 years until one of my ex's and I separated. When I caught her with another man and tossed her out on her backside.

I was so pent up with anger that I needed a way to release it. Then I got the silly idea, I dug my leather tools out and got some leather, then I worked out my frustrations by pounding on that leather. By the time we settled the divorce I had made an extremely elaborate wallet, western belt and a new super heavy duty custom tool bag for work.

It has now been amost 16 years and that poor wallet has seen better days, but every time I see it, it reminds me that I had the good sense to work out my anger constructively instead of fighting with her and getting into trouble.

o

Just changed from my white coach to my black burberry. Need to do a little purse shopping, although hubby doesn't think so lol.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here