Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
You like a small desk calendar ... but didn't get one last year?

Posted by joyfulguy (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 19:44

Do you know where to find one from earlier years, that wasn't thrown out?

Here's whatcha do.

Most such calendars have a small space where the company giving it puts their name. Cut a small piece of blank paper to fit into that space.

Write this year on the top left, with the names of the remaining months of this year under it. Get a large calendar of this year and write the day of the week on which the first falls beside the name of each of those months.

Look on the small calendar from the earlier year and find a month in which the first falls on that day and write the name of that month to the right the day of the week on which the first falls in the remaining months of this year.

You got your fix for the rest of this year.

And you can do it again next year, if you have a desk calendar that you like better than any that show up in subsequent years.

This I'd call a re-use ...

... but then, again, since there was some reprocessing required, I guess it actually becomes a recycling matter.

Whichever - it pretty well ends up the same.

And you have a desk calendar that you've been without for months.

Yeah - I know - all you have to do is ask your Smartphone. But what if it ain't to hand? What - you never let your Smartphone get that far away?

Ain't life a caution, though!

ole joyful

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: You like a small desk calendar ... but didn't get one last ye

O.J. Do you lie awake at night thinking these things up? LOL. This younger generation is big into recycling but I don't think they would go through this much trouble. Come to think of it, I don't think they'd keep balls of string or tinfoil either. Remember when we did that?

o

yea. I get my calendar at the dollar store..... not a big deal. Too much energy

o

Yeah. No.

I recycle old calendars by recycling them, not by hoarding them just in case they might be useful.

Paper calendars are really inexpensive after New Year's Day, and I have better things to do than re-label the months of an old one.

My neat, clean, household is much more valuable to me than storing "stuff" that "might one day" be of marginal value.

o

joyful, you are the mostest! :o)

o

Oh my! I can't imagine.......

o

Seriously? Or are you just trying to get a rise out of us again about your cheapn..... uh .... frugality? Haha.

o

O.K. - so I shouldda offered it in January, before you'd thrown the old one out!

And I think that the issue of "frugality" hardly enters the picture, for both the large calendars and the small ones are free, originally ... but after the first month or so of the year, they're no longer available.

So if you didn't get one that you wanted, you have to buy one.

I didn't get a small one last year, and have one from about 2010 on the desk, altered/updated as indicated.

If such isn't your cup of tea - no one said that you might be under any obligation to follow the suggestion.

I have a similar zinger to offer today.

ole joyful

o

If you hang on to ... I think that it's about 13 of 'em (to allow for leap years) ...

... you'll never need a new one - just clap the name of the current year on whichever one has the proper Jan. 1.

Not a large package ... and one less thing to worry about.

Right?

o j

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here