Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When Fall Rolls Around What Foods do You Liike to Have?

Posted by Marilyn_Sue (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 19:29

I love vegetable soup and can eat it anytime of the year, but in the fall the garden has a lot of vegetables and I love having it then. I like pumpkin pie in the fall too. What are some of your favorites for fall?

Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When Fall Rolls Around What Foods do You Liike to Have?

With my year-aroung favorites of meat, potatoes, and beans, I add grapes and apples in the fall.

o

gumbo, crock pot of beans and ham, beef stew, lots of home made soups, home made pot pies, chili, for a few.

o

Soups, stews, chicken pot pies, apple pie, pomegranates, local grapefruit, pears, italian plums for German plum cake, hot chocolate, fresh walnuts.

o

Soups, stews, pot roast, chili, pinto beans, greens, sweet potatoes. Not to say I wouldn't enjoy these in other seasons, but they just spell fall and winter to me.I have a recipe for Hungry Man's Stew that we have had for at least 20-25 years and we love it in cold weather!

jude

o

Homemade soups and breads.

o

Chili, chicken and dumplings, soups and stews. We had our first frost here in SE Wisconsin last night. Had homemade chicken and noodle soup for dinner and cheddar cheese bisquits. We're closing the pool this weekend and doing a very big bonfire so we'll have marshmallows over the fire and come in for clam chowder and fresh bread. We continue to grill until the grill is covered with snow so I think we'll also do steaks or pork chops this weekend as well.

o

soups of all kind...chili...bean soup...stew...potato soup...butternut squash

o

When fall comes around, I like to make "anything" in my slow cooker. It's true comfort food-beef, chicken, whatever.And the smells are wonderful.

o

Soups, meat loaf, pumpkin pie, yams & pasta with sauce - all "cold weather" foods for me, don't eat them in the summer.

o

Apples, pumpkin pie and of course soup. When the air gets that crisp feel and smell, the first things I think of are football and chili. Someone gave me a butternut squash a couple weeks ago and we liked it so much I bought one at the grocery store yesterday. So it may get added to the above list.

o

Just had one of my favorites because it is a chilly MN day: cheesy wild rice soup!

o

Meat and potato pie with savoy cabbage....real comfort food for the cooler weather!

Karen UK

o

chili, and anything pumpkin. :)

o

On a hot fall day, I like to have a home grown tomato, sectioned onto a plate so that it looks like an open flower. Then I heap a cold shrimp and June pea salad on the tomato. Simply delicious.

o

When that cooler weather arrives, I start thinking of chili, pot roast, stew, & sausage, biscuits & gravy - things I haven't made for about four months. Yum!

o

Soups, stews, pot roast, chili, pinto beans, greens, sweet potatoes. Not to say I wouldn't enjoy these in other seasons, but they just spell fall and winter to me.I have a recipe for Hungry Man's Stew that we have had for at least 20-25 years and we love it in cold weather!

jude

o

Pumpkin soup, Spanish Bean soup, pork, sauerkraut, caramel apples, applesauce, stews, pot roast, anything heavier and heartier.

o

What I call "Nesco food" - stew, chili, pot roast, turkey breast, meatloaf, hotdishes, etc. Also Honey Crisp apples.

o

Yep, definitely soup.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here