Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For those interested in Civil War photography

Posted by alisande (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 19:04

This site shows stereophonic pictures of locations where the Civil War was fought. If you click on THEN, you'll see a photograph taken at the same site during the war. Many show dead bodies (but the pictures are small). There are links at the bottom of the page to other Civil War photo sites.

All war is tragic, and every war we've fought in has taken a terrible toll. But the Civil War seems to be in a unique category. It's so hard to imagine Americans killing Americans.

Civil War photography

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For those interested in Civil War photography

Those are really interesting. Amazing how much is the same in those pictures.

Death and the Civil War is on American Experience on PBS (tonight for me). I have my DVR set to tape it, it looks very interesting. The sheer amount of deaths is astounding. That and the fact is they really don't know how many died.

Here is a link that might be useful: Death and the Civil War

o

those both look interesting! i would love to see Death & the Civil War.
will keep my eye out for it!

o

That show looks good, Iowagirl. So do some of the ones listed below that can be watched online. Like the one about war letters.

o

I watched Death and the Civil war last night-fascinating though a bit unpleasant to think about.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here