Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For sale!

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 18:48

Unbelievable and it's only a few miles from me!

32 beautiful photos, BUT check out 31, it's the LAUNDRY ROOM

Friend sent me this cause she lives in that community!

Here is a link that might be useful: Four million dollar plus home for sale

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For sale!

sheesh, the first impression for me is:

Boy, that is not even pretty... nope, I call it ugly.

Moni

o

Did you see 31, the laundry room?

o

Taxes seem low, for a house that's four million!

That laundry room is bigger than our bedroom! Or probably our whole home.

o

Not my style. I really hate the black wrought iron railings throughout, but I like the wood floors. But it's a bit ostentatious for me.

o

It is a beautiful home, but way too big. Our home is 1/3 the size of that, and it is a full-time job to keep it clean. The laundry room is amazing--that would make a great quilt studio for me!

o

Not my cup of tea but I think it would be fun to tour it.

o

Gaudy and unattractive to me.

o

They staged the house beautifully, but no grass!!!!! LOVE the laundry room...

o

Did you make an offer, Glenda?

o

It's ugly. If I had that kind of money, I would want a home on the water.

o

susie, that's what I told friend, who has their home for sale in the area! She said ABSOLUTELY! :O)

o

And, what does one do with 16,000 square feet of space. Sheesh, my MIL raised 10 kids in 1/10th of that.

Maybe it fits in to the other houses in the area? But really not much outside or inside 'spoke to me'. I did like the laundry but have trouble picturing DH standing there ironing creases into his work jeans (I won't crease them so he does his own). And I like the bedrooms. But those high ceilings, that staircase (when we just bought one level ranch a few months ago getting ready for the time we won't want stairs :))....that house would have to come with a life time, full time housekeeper.

I could water the lawn though, I could even plant one :)

o

that price for the sq footage isn't bad, you could find a house in Isleworth Orlando area (Tiger Woods neighborhood) like it for double that cost and still not directly on water, thou nearby LOL. It's not my style but i do appreciate all the details in the interior. it would make a nice bed & breakfast but just too big for a home. They also need to drop another $1-2 million on landscaping it looks like they ran out of $$ as it is. General landscaping standard in FL is 30% of value on new or renovated landscaping. I absolutely hate large houses with cheap, inferior landscaping, it's the high-end landscape designer in me LOL. Whenever I do find our next house thou, I am stripping all landscaping bare, putting in what I want and of course will be subtracting the cost of all that from my sale offer! I could turn that house selling price into a bargain LOL ~ liz

o

UGLY!!!

o

now I love laundry rooms but omg you'd get lost in that one!!

o

Who in the heck needs that much house???"

o

I didn't like it either. Too dark, too much wrought iron and just too MUCH of everything including price. I'd be surprised if it sold for anywhere near that. That's pretty much a house of the owner's choices...not most people's. Hope you keep an eye on it and let us know, Glenda.

o

First word that comes to mind is TACKY!

And as far as the laundry room: not even a chair to relax in, or read a magazine, while the clothes are being washed and/or dried. Some clothes need to be put on hangers right out of the dryer; no rod to hang them on?

I'll keep what I have; thank you very much.

Sue

o

Reminds me of some of the older museum type homes. Although I don't have that style I do enjoy the details and would enjoy touring it. You should buy it Glenda .

o

Hmmmmm, that is one big, expensive house. I think it has some beautiful features. I can't in my wildest dream imagine being able to afford something like that.

o

Gorgeous-a few things I would change,naturally-but when you live in only 500 sq.ft., anything would be nice! :)

o

I like parts of it... the wood is beautiful! The black wrought iron is not, or at least no longer stylish and not to my taste. I could probably live in the laundry room :-) Overall, it's too ostentatious for my taste.

But it is roomy... Glenda, if you decide to buy it, you could easily have all of over for a visit!

o

Not my style but it would be fun to stay in for a few days or weeks. I like something a lot more cozy.

o

I think most of it is pretty. I am amazed how much house you can get for the money there.

We just bought a new house that has wrought iron banisters, but they are brown. It's actually one of my favorite features.

o

chi, the wrought iron is very pretty, but what I was thinking, as ornate as it is, between staircase and iron work upstairs - it would take me minimum a day a month to dust it. Or hand vac with soft brush and a long cord?

Of course if I had the kind of resources to buy that house I could surely afford help.

o

I thought most of it was very beautiful, but also everything seemed so busy.

o

Whoa -- that place is something else! (Plus a laundry room that you can dance around in!)

I wonder who will end up buying it, and what they'll pay. Glenda, please let us know. :-)

o

Wow, that is quite the house! It looks like a castle!

The laundry room looks like a kitchen to me. Not even sure what you'd use all those cabinets for??

The wood is nice, but a bit much! Sad not to see any grass or landscaping in the front.

I LOVE to look through house pictures!!

o

I'm with Seniorgal, who needs a house that size or why would you want one other than "for show"....We have some huge, huge homes around here and for what? These people don't have a normal life and they sure don't impress me....I think of the cleaning, heating...the list goes on and on.....One thing, my cats would have a field day exploring that house........

o

Lovely wood and floors! All the furniture looks too small for every huge room.

And yes, if you could afford to live there, you would have a maid to dust the iron and wood. haha

o

Ill take a nice roomy log cabin with a lake ,thank you!

o

Forget the laundry room! I'd love to have a kitchen like that. Plenty of storage space, love the sink and the eating bar.

But like those here, am content with what we have.

o

Some parts are beautiful. Landscaping would sure make a difference in the exterior. Furniture arrangement in some areas, doesnt make much sense either. I dont mind the wrought iron, but, I do dislike the inconsistency of the trim and cabinetry from room to room. I would have preferred it to be all the walnut color everywhere. I do love the laundry, and I could live with that room pretty easily (if the color of the cabinets was changed). I do think to get that price for it, they will have to make considerable improvement to the outside, since it looks like a commercial office building right now, and nothing like a private home. The sitting room off the master bedroom, needs different furniture, and since it is apparently used for viewing tv, then the furniture needs to be rearranged so you dont have to look at the tv sideways.

o

I would love the laundry room and Harry would have all sorts of fun running at full blast up and down all those long stretches of space!

Yep, Harry needs that house, and he doesn't care if it's a bit over-the-top. He's an over-the-top kinda guy.

Sam would be sacked out by a fireplace.

o

Nouveau Riche is what that house screams. What is a faux French Chateau doing in Alabama? I like houses that are a style that conforms to the area.
Way too big (and I have 5,000 sq ft for 2 people and a dog)and way to much work.

o

There's lots of "money" people in the Birmingham area! One of the most expensive areas to build is Shoal Creek and this is where this house was built!

o

Money does not equal class.

o

Finally got it to open. I love the kitchen and laundry room. Love the wood too.

o

tee hee, money does buy lots of things :o)

It's all according to one's taste!

House is not one I would want or desire, but apparently someone did!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here