Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jan found the bargain of the day

Posted by lazypup (lazypup@yahoo.com) on
Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 17:54

I have a whole pile of small kitchenwares, knic knacs and jewelry items that I need to photograph so they can be sold on Ebay. Rather than set up my large diffused lightbox on the kitchen table I decided its time to build a smaller light box about 18" wide, 18" high and 20" long. I made the frame out of PVC pipe and covered it with white cloth from an old bedsheet but I now needed some colored felt to make the backdrop cloths.

This morning Jan told me she had to go to JoAnn Fabrics to get some stuff for a project she is working on so I asked her to pick me up three pieces of felt 18" wide and about 3" long.

She just came home and told me she got all three pieces, Black, white & green 18" wide x 6' long for a total of $4.50.

She said the bolts of felt are 6' wide so they just cut 1/2 yd of each and when she went to pay for it they told her all the felt was 40% off today.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jan found the bargain of the day

Feels good to get a bargain doesn't it? Good luck on your Ebay sales.

o

I am not selling on Ebay,,,,I go to our local senior center once a month and I setup and photograph things for the patrons of the senior center. I have them bring their items and a thumb drive or memory card. I shoot the photos, edit them right there with any text and such that they want, then load the photos on their memory card so they can take it home and do what they want.

A lot of ppl also have me take photos of jewelry or family heirlooms for their insurance records.

o

What a nice thing to do, Lazypup!

o

That is very nice to do. I'm sure it helps out a lot!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here