Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
are they cucumber plants

Posted by clairdo2 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 12, 12 at 17:38

I planted 4 cucumber plants which are almost done for this season but there are two other plants growing close to it. They look a lot like cucumber plants but i dont know what they are for sure.They are now blooming but i still cant tell what they are.I think it might be seeds that were in the compost.What other plant looks like the cucumber plant ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: are they cucumber plants

similar=cantaloupe,watermelon,any squash-any or all of the previous mentioned would start out "similar" to the cucumber.
The cucumber flower is only about 1.5" in circumference and bright yellow-what color and size are the flowers on your plant?

o

post a picture on the name that plant forum you will get a very quick positive id.

o

Clarido, it sure will be interesting to see the plants grow. Let us know what they are when they're mature, okay?

o

Cantaloupe and some other melons look almost identical. In fact, they are in the same family as cucumber.

o

I would just let them grow and see what you get,,,if you get chickens its an eggplant.

o

here are some pics
Photobucket

o

Photobucket

o

LOL lazypup

they look like cucumber plants to me.

o
RE: are they cucumber plants2

cucumbers to me as well :)

o

well ill juust have to wait and see but then again they might freeze before they show...

o

Hi Clairdo,

If the weather reports threaten frost ...

... gather some talkative neighbours and have a night-long conference over the plants ...

... that should provide enough hot air to see them through.

o j

o

thanks lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here