SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Went to a retirement seminar at work today....

Kathsgrdn
9 years ago

An all day event..or most of the day, anyway. 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. Lot of information to process. I thought I was eligible to retire in 4 years but apparently not. More like 8, not that I was planning to go that soon anyway. I went to the seminar to gather information so I could make better plans. I was getting a little worried if I would be able to retire, ever.

I got home and tried to go on-line to make a social security account but wasn't able to, had to call. I called and got a recording saying we can't talk to you now, basically, call back. I was a little annoyed, went back to the website and requested a call back from them. Thought they'd take a day or two or never call me back. They called me in about 2 minutes! I was shocked. Nice lady, and got my question answered. Was just looking for an estimate on what my social security would be at different ages.

I'm feeling better about retiring someday. Glad I went to the seminar. Now, I'm wondering if I should retire in 8 years, or wait till I'm 62 or 67...because of social security. I guess I can delay that part of it and still retire with just my government retirement. Hard to think about being there till I'm 67, no way am I going to be there at 70!

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!