Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Friday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 12 at 17:14

Maybe it's just me, but time seems to be flying by. Thankfully, our weather is supposed to cool down, so I took some leftover prime rib I'd vacuum-sealed out of the freezer to make some vegetable beef soup this weekend.

But tonight we're having Georgysmom's ditalini shrimp salad. I still had plenty leftover peel and eat from our dinner in Homasassa. The shrimp are fresh off the boat and they make their own seasoning and use plenty of it. I think it's mainly Old Bay and red pepper. Yum! Anyway, Harry says he thinks it's about the best salad he ever ate--and I agree. So I thank Georgysmom again!!

How's your weather? And what's for dinner tonight at your house?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Friday?

You bring back memories when I spent the summer in Florida, and buying fresh shrimp, especially rock shrimp.

Best friend is back in town after being gone for 3 weeks.
Her birthday, so we went to our favorite Bella's and both of us had their yummy spinach salad.

Couldn't stop there, had a dessert, we shared, warm cheesecake with blueberry topping. Yes, warm! And so light, it's made with egg whites.

o

Hi Patti, our weather has been very dark and some rain and possible storms here and there. So far nothing too bad here, but maybe more this evening. I did not go ahead and start canning green beans today as I did not want to be in the midst of canning and the electricity go off. I did clean some and cook them for supper. I had that with fried fish and homemade salsa and chips. Dessert was a banana. It is 70 out right now.

Sue in Central Indiana

o

Time is just going way too fast for me too.

I'd love to be sharing your shrimp, patti.

I had ham, cabbage, and potatoes. Also had a Grands biscuit.

Storms are starting to move in here in my part of Ohio.

Shirley

o

Weather is cold,cold,cold. Was 43 at one point this morning, high was to be 63, no clue if it got there.

I'm going to grill some burgers, lettuce salads and a new recipe for pan fried potatoes with cheese,onions and bacon.

o

Glenda, I've never had warm cheesecake--wouldn't that be a great recipe to have? I like rock shrimp, too. A little different flavor to me. Very tasty! Glad your friend is back. Always fun to have company to eat with.

Sue, I hope you get the rain you need but hope that storm has blown over by tomorrow when my DS and DBIL are headed for Indiana. They own a farm down around Lawrenceburg which was where BIL grew up. His mother just passed away and has a house and barn full of anti_ues (my kew key doesn't work). My sister can't stand "old" stuff but they have 2 Hoosier cabinets, some marble top dressers and so many goodies it makes me weep! If it was up to sis she'd just take it all to the dump. Duh!!

Shirley, you are very welcome to come share the shrimp IF you promise to bring your ham, cabbage and potatoes. Man, would we have a feast.

Hope you and Sue stay safe from the storms.

Nodakgal, now that morning temperature is a little too nippy. :-) But those fried potatoes, which sound so good, should warm you up. I will be happy when we cool off. Now I'm wantin' those potatoes!

o

hubster made his famous "Daddy Pizza"...the kids will eat it...it's loaded with spices, the crust is thin and extra crisp...I'll have a salad!

o

When I lived in Corpus Christi,Tx I worked on a long range shrimp boat for almost a year and when we were out on the boat we used to take turns trying to figure out a new way to fix shrimp. Believe me, I have had shrimp in ways most ppl never dreamed about,,One of my favorite shrimp dishes is to peel some fresh shrimp, then mash em flat and scramble them in the eggs for breakfast.

Now if I tell you what I made for supper I am sure most of you will turn your nose up and say "Yeeewwwwee iccky" but I can assure you, it tastes fantastic.

I made braised ox tails in a red wine sauce served over a bed of brown rice.

Jan had never tasted ox tails before so she was to say the least, a bit skeptical, but once she tasted it she ate enough for three ppl.....LOL

o

Patti, were you away on vacation? Hope you had a great time, I emailed you the other day.

o

Liz, I sure wish I had your will power! I love thin and crispy pizza.

Lazypup, you sure have had an interesting life! As for the oxtails, I think they're very tasty--but really "rich", if that's the right word. Bet they were delicious with the sauce and rice.

Joann, we just took our GD and her DH over to Homasassa for a couple of days. Sorry I haven't seen your e-mail I haven't checked it lately. Will go do that now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here