Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Thursday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 6, 12 at 17:13

We are home after a wonderful 2 days out of the kitchen :-) We had a great time with the grandkids and they had a great time, too. It was so pretty in Homasassa I hated to leave, but the kids have another grandmother to visit before the go home to California.

We ate at the Freezer last night so I have a lot of leftover shrimp. I sure would love to have their recipe for the spices they cook it in. I know there's red pepper and Old Bay. Just delicious. So we're having leftover shrimp with some deli bought baked potato salad and cole slaw.

Had to have a nap when we got home and got unpacked. Those kids have a LOT of energy!!

I've read what you've been eating and everything sounded so good! What are you having tonight?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Thursday?

Glad you had a good visit! Tonight is lazy night for me. I have to save my energy to curse out those I don't care for on Project Runway. Just kidding. Tonight will be Philly cheesesteaks and garlic rosemary olive oil baked fries.

o

I am glad you had such a good time with grandkids. As always, I am envious of your fresh shrimp. Tonight I am going out to eat at Mom's School House Diner, but don'[t know yet what I will order. It is indeed an old school house several miles outside of town. Has a 1950's decor and the waitress (one!) wears a poodle skirt, ankle socks and I think a neck scarf. The owner/cook wears a name tag identifying herself as Mom and she chats with everyone. All homecooked food. Fun.

o

Hi, ShedTheChryalis (I love that name). Those rosemary OO fries sound yummy!

Thanks, Pam. It was a great time. IMHO, you have to eat in dives to get good seafood in Florida :-) Funny thing about your restaurant--there was a restaurant someplace around Palm Harbor in Pinellas Co. called the School House. The menu was on a chalk board and it really was a tiny little school house. Their food was the same--all homemade stuff like meatloaf and mac and cheese. Enjoy!!

o

So good you got to be with your grandchildren. I went shopping today with two of my daughters and little granddaughter, Alyssa. We had fun shopping in Joann Fabrics. While they shopped in Kohl's I read a book. Then to Fazoli's for lunch specials. Really good lasagne and fettuccine Alfredo, all the bread sticks and beverages you want too. So nothing for me this evening. Had a fun day.

Sue

o

Sue, glad you are out of the kitchen today--and had fun with the kids. You're so lucky to have them close!

Glenda, where are you? I thank you for starting the post while I was gone, but I miss reading about your lunch today.

o

Sue, glad you are out of the kitchen today--and had fun with the kids. You're so lucky to have them close!

Glenda, where are you? I thank you for starting the post while I was gone, but I miss reading about your lunch today.

o

Patti, glad you had a wonderful time with your GD and her DH, bet you hated to see them leave.

Tonight we are having oyster stew and it sure smells good.

Pam, I wish we had someplace fun with good home cooking near where we live. Mom's looks like a real neat place to eat out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mom's Schoolhouse Diner

o

So glad your visit was enjoyable.

Today my Garden club took a bus trip up to the lake in Conroe and had a lovely lunch aboard a great big river boat paddle wheel. We cruised around the lake while having lunch. It was a beautiful day although quite hot out doors.
That really wore me out so I had to nap.
I have a big deli pizza for dinner tonight.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here