Return to the Kitchen Table Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's for dinner Tuesday?

Posted by patti43 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 17:08

I wanted meatloaf tonight, but instead we're having smoked sausage, broccoli and roasted potatoes topped with cheese, bacon and green onions.

It rained here a lot today. How was your weather? And what's for dinner at your house?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's for dinner Tuesday?

shish kabobs (beef, mushrooms, yellow and orange bell peppers, onions) and seasoned baked potatoes.

It's been raining here the past couple days. I need to weed eat the backyard but every time I have free time it rains.

Oriented today and yesterday on the hospice unit of our hospital across town. Going to do some overtime there and on the other floor, which is rehab.

o

Cold front coming thru as I type. Going down to the low 50's tonight and my doors to the the back deck will be open in the bedroom.

Teriyaki chicken wings and legs, cucumber salad!

Got home and dessert was a big spoonful of peanut butter.

o

Sloppy Joes

o

I am making vegetable soup.

o

I had a ham sandwich with lettuce and mayo. Had a cinnamon roll earlier for my early dessert:)

Sue

o

Kath--that sounds really good! Is your new foreign student with you now? Sure wish you had more time to post, but you are a busy girl!

Glenda, that cold front is stalling out before it gets to us, darn it. Been meaning to ask how you like your new door/windows with the blinds inside???

Raven, I wish I could remember how my mother made sloppy joes. I know she browned the meat and onion, sprinkled with flour and added???? They were so good. You are going to have such a good time at your Houston get-together. I've met Nita, but I'd just love to meet all the rest of you! I looked at the menu and it's mouth-watering!

Hounds, I froze the rest of my soup so the next time I get a craving....

Sue, you know the saying--eat dessert first!

o

Too bad you couldn't come and join us at the get together Patti. I know we are going to have a lot of fun.

Tonight I split two thick Costco pork chops and layed them flat in a baking dish. Then I made some Stove Top Stuffing for pork and poured that over them. I added extra water to the stuffing so it will be moist. Covered with aluminum foil and they are baking as I type. Will have applesauce and green beans with them.

o

Patti, I forgot to tell you about our weather here in central Indiana. It is breezy and cool and might get down in the 30's tonight :(

Sue

o

Sure wish I could, Nita. I know you'll have a great time. I like the seasonings in Stove Top and lately I've been sauteeing some extra onion and celery and adding to it with chicken broth to moisten it up. It's really good and only takes a few minutes.

Wow, Sue! Hope it doesn't frost your garden. Sure would feel good right about now. Enjoy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchen Table Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here